Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You want to compete with me?! Bring it on...

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:37 PM
  • 20 Replies

Why do people feel the need to compete about how there child can do this or that so early?! Each child is different and will do things at there own pace. I have a cousin who is constantly comparing her son to my son (he is 1 1/2 months younger then my son).  When I see her son, the stuff she claims he does, he has no signs of doing. Then she just says hes being lazy that day. I don't even talk to her about my son, she always messages me and says "christopher can do this, can Corbin?" SHUT THE HELL UP! I'm not competing with you or your damn kid! I don't care what he can do. Plus half the shit you say is lies. UGH. Ok, vent over.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mayzell
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:40 PM

um, ok

Sarahb21
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:42 PM

It's called venting. Try it sometime. I don't have anyone else to bitch about this to because most of the people I talk to are family.

Quoting mayzell:

um, ok

Cathyindaytona
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:42 PM

lol..sounds like she has nothing else to talk about it..

poor women..

geminishadow79
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:44 PM

yeah I have people in my family that do that to.  I don't understand why its such a big compition.  Just because one kid does something soon than another kid the same age doesn't make one kid better, or stronger, or smarter than the other. 

Cavalrybaby02

Yeah I don't understand that either.  It's like somehow it's a reflection on YOU when your kid sits up, rolls over, walks, etc.?  Some kids walk early and some kids talk early.  And some kids don't say a word until they are 3, and it turns out they are super geniuses (my uncle, they thought he was very "slow", because he didn't even say one word until after he was 3.  His IQ is over 160.)

bethanysmom1007

I don't have anyone to do that with, my LO is the youngest of all the mommies I hang out with.  But ya, that would get annoying!!  Tell her that every baby's different, and they all mature at different rates.  And to GET OVER HERSELF!!!  ;)

yesitsme311
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:45 PM

Oh Yeah, Well my 2 yr old can lift 100 lbs right over his head, can YOURS? .........LOL

JK! I cant stand people like that! Sounds like she is trying to compensate for how boring her life is..?

Sarahb21
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:47 PM

Holy Balls! You need to get that kid in the circus! Or at least start a moving company!! ;)

Quoting yesitsme311:

Oh Yeah, Well my 2 yr old can lift 100 lbs right over his head, can YOURS? .........LOL

JK! I cant stand people like that! Sounds like she is trying to compensate for how boring her life is..?

yesitsme311
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:51 PM

Holy Balls!...I love it when people say Holy Balls!  lol

Oh and I forgot to tell you that my 2 yr old has already graduated from college and is working on getting through medical school, he should have his own practice by next year.......LOL

Quoting Sarahb21:

Holy Balls! You need to get that kid in the circus! Or at least start a moving company!! ;)

Quoting yesitsme311:

mrs_patterson
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:55 PM

I can definitely see how that could be aggravating... I don't necessarily talk to other moms about my son & what he's doing or not doing... but sometimes I'll comment to my mom about something like how alert he is, or how he seems to want to be mobile already (he's only six weeks) and it just amazes me. I sometimes worry that I'm coming off like your cousin, when I'm really not trying to... sometimes it may just be a case of the mom is proud of her child. Maybe you could just tell your cousin one day that every baby is different, or make some snarky comment about how your son is doing such & such (something outrageous, like say, bowling a 180 or something, haha...) can hers? LOL... maybe she'll get the point. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)