Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you`re going to rear face for safety then you might as well put a crash helmet on them too!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:45 PM
  • 61 Replies

Poll

Question: If there was a study saying that wearing a helmet increased the chance of survival during a crash would put helmets on your kids?

Options:

yes, safety comes first

no, that`s just too much

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 86

View Results

That`s what my mom say`s when we talk about about ERF. (fyi, my 3yo will rf until she`s at least 4) She wants to know where it`s going to end? How far are we really going to take this safety thing? If there was a study saying that wearing a helmet increased the chance of survival during a crash would put helmets on your kids?

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luv_my_xiya
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:47 PM

dd already wears hers in the car...because she likes it lol

Prmomof4
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:47 PM

sorry I laughed at this...but it is true...when we were little very few parents used carseats and if they did they were not erf and we are all alive..jmo

clovismommy25
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:48 PM

Yeah, it would have cool Woody stickers on it for him. One of his friends has to wear one at school and he thinks it is the coolest thing ever. (And I am pretty sure wearing a helmet would help with safety anyway)

breefullyme
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:50 PM

Absolutely ridiculous. You could be the safest momma in the world and still have something terrible happen to your child. Some precautions are sensible, but there's a line: taking an hour to get your kids in and out of the car to go to get a loaf of bread is leaping that line.

AmiJanell
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:52 PM

I would totally put a helmet on my son if there was proof that it increased his chances of survival.

kat247
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:52 PM

I say we should just wrap them in bubble wrap and put them in a padded room.

MommyBoha
by Country Girl on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:53 PM

Quoting Prmomof4:

sorry I laughed at this...but it is true...when we were little very few parents used carseats and if they did they were not erf and we are all alive..jmo

yeah, but so many others ARENT.

MommyBoha
by Country Girl on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:54 PM

Quoting breefullyme:

Absolutely ridiculous. You could be the safest momma in the world and still have something terrible happen to your child. Some precautions are sensible, but there's a line: taking an hour to get your kids in and out of the car to go to get a loaf of bread is leaping that line.

what kind of car do you have that it takes an hour? My kids are in and out in less than a min.

paganbaby
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:54 PM

Really? Is it a bike helmet and does she wear it everytime? Or just when she`s in the mood?

Quoting luv_my_xiya:

dd already wears hers in the car...because she likes it lol

mommy22boyz357
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:56 PM

Quoting AmiJanell:

I would totally put a helmet on my son if there was proof that it increased his chances of survival.

and what kind of proof would you need to show that wearing a crash helmet is safer than not? I don't think that one needs die hard proof, lol.

This post is pretty funny, and true, lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)