Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

have you used Orkin?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:51 PM
  • 3 Replies

We have a major spider infestation, and we're thinking of callin Orkin to come take care of the problem.

Has anyone used Orkin before?  Were they effective?

http://agencyspy.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/m-8708.jpg

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ladyvamp5489
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:53 PM

Nope i dont have pests. I use Melaleuca products, and most pests/bugs dont like the tree oil.

dolphinhj
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:00 PM

No, we use Alpha Ecological.  We have had really good luck with them.  We are on their progeam where they come every 3 months a spray around the outside of the house, for ant, spiders and they added bees to it:)  Everything they use is safe for kids and pets to be around, so you never have to leave when they treat your house:)

AllieMad
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:02 PM

We do!  In addition to spiders in the grass (we have a lot of wolf spiders here...they live in the grass instead of spinning webs...*shudder*) the fire ants are really bad here in the summer.  We've battled them for the 4 years we have lived here and all we do is move the mounds around the yard or under the foundation (and consequently into the house) when we treat them ourselves.

We called Orkin this year, and I am incredibly excited that we'll be able to play in the yard this year without worrying about getting bitten by ants.

They come every 60 days and treat.  If you see ANY pests in between treatments all you have to do is call and they will come out.  Also, we got a reduced rate because many of our eighbors signed up, too.  So talk to your neighbors and see if anyone else is interested.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)