Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I survived

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:58 PM
  • 51 Replies

My mom had to swaddle me in blenkets so i would fit in my carseat. In todays world, woman would have been all over her telling her she did it wrong. But hey that was 21 yrs ago and I survived and I was not Rear Faced. To each their own. Just wanted to share my pic of me 21 yrs ago in my carseat. I was only like 4 lbs in this pic.

I bet you can find lots of things wrong with it. IN NO WAY AM I BASHING ANYONE. THIS IS A FUN POST ABOUT HOW DIFFERENT CAR SEATS  WERE 21 YRS AGO COMPARED TO TODAYS CARSEATS AND LAWS.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M0M0F03
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:00 PM

My mom held me on the way home from the hospital.

crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:00 PM
38 yrs ago my mom didn't even have car seats for us.... she put us in laundry baskets in the car.
Dingleberries

awww sooo cute!!

Ya know, I don't recall being in a carseat ever but I do know my mom said she held me in her arms all the way home from the hospital and that was one long ass drive as I remember (it was the only hospital near us so I know how far it was)....

Look at me, I AM STILL HERE TODAY!!! Erf mamas need to yank that stick out of their butts and leave the rest of the hell alone LMAO

jillbailey26

A 3 point harness *GASP*  LOL  No handle or anything.  How inconvenient.

BigBoMom
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:01 PM

lol DH says he remembers sleeping in the back window when they would go on long car trips

CeeLee85
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:02 PM

my mom said she put me in something called a pumpkin seat and it used to tip over if she turned too hard ROFL

i'm 25 btw she used to drive around and nurse me too!

BigBoMom

Quoting crwspringer:

38 yrs ago my mom didn't even have car seats for us.... she put us in laundry baskets in the car.

OMG that is AWESOME!

babybratnc

wow mommas. Thats crazy. laundry baskets? Amazing how times have changed. My great grandma was only like 4 lbs or so at birth and her momma and dadda put her in a show box under the bed to sleep. my friends grandma slept in a dresser drawer.

JvilleMom125
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:03 PM

omg! you were cute!! its like that tim mcgraw song, I forget the name of the song tho... Anyway, you know I remember my neices carseat only 8 yrs ago having straps like that.......  I gave her my car seat i used for my son when she had her 3rd baby a few months ago and it seems every damn time i see her i have to mess with it to make it right... or mess with the straps over the baby, i wanna flip out everytime she brings him in and its loose and the chest buckle is all wrong... ugh!

mrs_patterson
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:03 PM

I agree... it is amazing the kinds of things people did back then, and it was perfectly safe & accepted. I think society today is just paranoid about the majority of things like this. Now as far as car seats go, I think it's great how far they've come... I also thought about that car seat not having a handle & thought to myself, "Wow, that must have been a pain..." LOL. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)