Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Braxton Hicks VS Labor Help please

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:04 PM
  • 9 Replies

How do you tell the difference at 31 weeks?

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Prmomof4
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:05 PM

contractions hurt...braxton hicks are tightening...believe me when you have a real contraction you will know lol...but if they are consistent then I would go to the hospital

Lori_G4
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:07 PM

This. Braxton hicks can be "uncomfortable," but they are not PAINFUL. I definitely knew the difference once I had my first real contraction.

Quoting Prmomof4:

contractions hurt...braxton hicks are tightening...believe me when you have a real contraction you will know lol...but if they are consistent then I would go to the hospital

toddler girl

Chris & Lori             Valerie-11             Brian-8                  Dalton-6                   Maya-2

jessasmamma
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:08 PM

time them. and real contractions get worse and worse. 

http://contractionmaster.com/  it will help you accurately time them.

you can drink a glass of water and lay on your side, see if that helps. keep us updated!

Prmomof4
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:09 PM

oh yes...I remember my first braxton hick and was like wow this is easy...until I had a real contraction...

Quoting Lori_G4:

This. Braxton hicks can be "uncomfortable," but they are not PAINFUL. I definitely knew the difference once I had my first real contraction.

Quoting Prmomof4:

MommyJewell
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:11 PM

i'm not sure how to tell them apart either!!! when i had my son i didn't know i was in labor till my water broke. i was just really uncomfortable. now i am having the same problem!!! =0) everyone says i'm carrying to low for still having a month and a half left. i mostly get them if i do too much walking. the i get really tight. but it goes away if i put my feet up like i'm suppose to! =0)

calcalmommy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:12 PM

Labor, real labor will start getting into a pattern, but Braxtons will be spontanious.

CVislosky
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:21 PM

Contractions for me felt the same as braxton hicks...at first.

My braxton hicks and the first few real contractions felt like really bad menstrual cramps. Once I got into actual labor, the contrations hurt like hell.

This probably won't help you, but I hope you find it useful.

Lisabrenner
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:06 PM

This, trust me, you will know the difference

Quoting Prmomof4:

BlessedFamily8
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:25 PM

I didn't know if we should wait until until they were painful enough you couldn't talk through them and they were 5 minutes apart since its 9 weeks early so we went ahead and went in just to be on the safe side and good thing since they found a UTI. Happy no baby yet we are far from ready for him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)