Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I CRAZYYY!?! Is it too soon?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:15 PM
  • 13 Replies

last year I found out that my husband of just a year and 2months was cheating on me, and he took that time to tell me that he wasnt "ready" to get married, but he thought it was the right thing to do after the kids, [3 & 1] so he did. we ended up getting divorced, and are now living seperate lives. after we broke up, my best friend [who is a male] was the only person to REALLY help me out with both myself, and the kids. he was here day or night, whatever i needed whenever i needed. we've been best friends for 6 years. well there was never any shared "sexual" or "feelings" between US while we were friends, but he has had feelings for me all along, but he never thought he'd have a chance, and i only looked at him as a friend, i mean i always thought he was cute and sweet, but i always had a boyfriend and he always had a girlfriend. well after quite a few late nights a month or so of hanging out together daily in all of our free time crying on his shoulder, him babysitting bc i had no one else, etc etc, he told me he wanted the chance he had always wanted and asked me out as more than a friend. well we went out, bc i felt i owed him at least that, and i wondered myself if maybe there was more too it... wella fter that night we just hit it off as soo much more than friends.
he ended up moving in a few weeks later as a "roomate" which didnt last too long til we were in the same room! lol. well its been almost 6 months now, and things are AMAZING. he is wonderful to me and the kids, the kids love him, i do too. and he is happier, and such a BETTER person than he was before [according to other family and friends] ...
everything is well, PERFECT.
Well we've been talking and he wants to propose. i know he does more than anything.
and i just feel its right. but is it crazy? it hasnt even been a year since my ex.
but things just kind of fell into place.
so here i am asking complete strangers if im crazy! lol
maybe im just venting, and im nervous... hes been seriously talking about it, liek its going to come soon and im just like ahhh! lol

i am a siingle mother of 2. an amazing 3 yr old lil man, malikai montgomery && a beautiful little drama queen, makynzee logan. i am very opinionated, and brutually honest. my boyfriend chris is my WORLD, i love being his princess!(: my life has been s.h.a.t.t.e.r.e.d, put [[back together]], and t.o.r.n a.p.a.r.t all over again. But i'm here, and stronger than ever... i have the 2 smallest inspirations in the world, and THEY will take me to the STARs!

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommymandaleigh
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:18 PM

Only time will tell if it was too soon. I personally would wait it out a bit longer before actaully marrying. Get engaged and see where it goes. If you are happy and your kids are happy then screw TIME and just continue being HAPPY, and btw CONGRATS !!!

anix
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:19 PM

I say go for it. If he is good to you and your children grab him before you lose him. LIFE IS WAY TO SHORT!

-42-
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:20 PM

I say go with the flow, lol.

Sounds like you're happy, he's happy, and the kids are happy. Why not go for it?

"Hate is just a special kind of love we give to
people who suck."

LadyLuck817
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:22 PM

Crazy in lOVE..go for it girl

CassSpade
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:22 PM

Awwwww!! If it's there it's there girl, follow your heart! And congrats, you deserve it <3

KAIandKYNZmommy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:23 PM

Quoting mommymandaleigh:

Only time will tell if it was too soon. I personally would wait it out a bit longer before actaully marrying. Get engaged and see where it goes. If you are happy and your kids are happy then screw TIME and just continue being HAPPY, and btw CONGRATS !!!

forgot to add this: from what we HAVE talked about ... he is understanding that it would be a long engagement. we both want a big wedding, he wants to give me my dream wedding, as i was 7 months prego at my last,  and i dont even think it counted as a wedding if both peoples hearts werent in it... but yes long engagement with lots of planning to make it perfect for both of us.

GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:29 PM

Go with your heart. If it feels right and you and your children are happy, then go for it. If it feels to soon then wait. 

MommyToEthan
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:31 PM

everyone moves on at their own pace.   there's no time limit on how long you should wait to start over.

do what makes YOU happy.

good luck!

Do you have a BOY??   If so, come join us at RAISING BOYS!  It's a great group for mothers of boys of any age!  Hope to see you there!!   http://www.cafemom.com/group/336/

ShadowLark
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:33 PM

THIS!

Quoting anix:

I say go for it. If he is good to you and your children grab him before you lose him. LIFE IS WAY TO SHORT!

Wendy_June
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:35 PM

Quoting mommymandaleigh:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)