Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well...I'd say this is a miracle.

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:50 PM
  • 15 Replies

Ok, so last week things were looking really bad financially.  We were about to have power cut off and we had to pretty much over draft our bank account just to pay rent because we were facing eviction.  It's just a hard month (when I made the budget back in january I had a feeling we'd have a rough time).  So we asked family for help, and were ready to go to catholic social services and our church for help too.
    A few days ago we checked the account when DH's check went in, and miraculously there was $450 in here.  NOw usually there is $520 from deposits, but I wasn't complaining.  We thought maybe they hadn't taken the check out.  So I go home and check the online statement and it had an insufficient funds charge, so they had.  But some how, we still had the money in the account!  So I called the office at the apartment in a panic thinking "oh great, the check bounced." But it hadn't.  I called teh bank to confirm the same, and sure enough our account is fine, no bounced check.  I mean when I wrote that rent check we had like $10...
     We should be in the red with our account but we aren't.  I can't begin to figure out what happened, and honestly I'm not going to try to.  We had the bank check and make sure everything is fine, and it is.  So I'm going to call it a miracle and be thankful that we won't be in the red this month!!!  I haven't felt this stress free in over a month.  I may actually sleep tonight for once.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelseyLynn
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:52 PM

God works in mysterious ways. Just count your blessings and be thankful.

katzmeow726
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:53 PM

He does indeed.  This is a huge answer to our prayers.

Quoting KelseyLynn:

God works in mysterious ways. Just count your blessings and be thankful.

poppysgirl3
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:55 PM

did you have state taxes that were being withheld? ... some states didn't release state refunds until after tax season closed

ss1436
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:57 PM

That would be nice, but usually these types of things end up getting corrected. 

katzmeow726
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:57 PM

Nope, there are no extra deposits to our account save for Dh's paycheck.  It looks like a paperwork error but wachovia checked everything.

Quoting poppysgirl3:

did you have state taxes that were being withheld? ... some states didn't release state refunds until after tax season closed

katzmeow726
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:58 PM

It's been over a week, we called wachovia to check, just in case, and they've said nothing is wrong.

Quoting ss1436:

That would be nice, but usually these types of things end up getting corrected. 

RmeWifey01
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:01 PM

Oh yaaay!! I love when I hear good stories like this. :)

lovingwifey
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:04 PM

Whenever we are really short on money, we always get a check (from somewhere) that helps us get by until payday!

katzmeow726
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:05 PM

The same always seems to happen to us.  I really should stop doubting by now!

Quoting lovingwifey:

Whenever we are really short on money, we always get a check (from somewhere) that helps us get by until payday!

night.magic
by Chicken Nugget on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:06 PM

I'm glad you got by without it being bad. I know that kind of stuff freaks me out.  I have a checking account and rarely ever use it. I take out the amount I need for bills, and get money orders. So I know I have the amount needed. May not make sense. But I don't like having checks floating around. I use my debit card to buy groceries or gas. If I know there isn't enough to use it, then we roll coins and hope we can manage on the little cash we carry on us. I also have free checking, so the amount i spend on money orders is only a minimum amount.

Either way good you had the funds. But I have to ask, has every check you have out been cleared yet?

Emoticons

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)