Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Flipping out... Kinda long

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:08 PM
  • 3 Replies

OMG I am so gonna freak out and I can't take this anymore....

My DH, children and I recently moved into an apartment, on the middle floor and the neighbors are driving me insane!!!

There is something wrong with the structure of the building, because the entire 2 bedrooms and hallway squeak and crack SOOOO loud anytime they walk on it. So at 11 at night when they are running around, and 5 and 8 in the morning there is nothing but this noise that drives me insane. It wakes me and my hubby up constantly.And, if it is not the squeaking coming from the ceiling(their floor), then its them jumping around and banging. They have little kids, and I think a teenager and have family coming in and out all the time. And they have no regards for us below them. They wrestle around on the floor and stomp and probably jump off the couches or something. I mean its ridiculous. And its at ALL times in the day and night.

What can I do about this? I am already sleep deprived and irritable, and on top of it all, I am going to school full time and hearing this noise while I'm trying to do my homework just makes my blood boil.

My Hubby has already went up to them twice and told them about their stomping, and they say oh sorry, but don't stop. And, whether they stomp or not, there is nothing they can do about the squeaking, its not their fault. When my hubby went to the ladies that work for the complex about the noise they just said sometimes that happens, its an apartment... But I mean this is WAY EXCESSIVE and is completely disrupting my right to peace and quiet... I know none of those ladies would ever live with that noise either...

Oh, and on top of that, the insulation sucks and little nats keep getting into the apartment, and the carpet is disgusting!!! When moving in they said we change the carpet pretty often and if it is worn we'll replace it... Well when we move in it is all stained, and ripped along all the edges, has paint stuck to it, and in like 5 corners of the place there is no carpet... you can clearly see the concrete underneath... When we complained, they just sent someone to reclean it, who himself admitted that this carpet was WAY too old.

I am so upset with how things have turned out, and do NOT want to live here anymore... I am in tears over this like once a day, and feel so decieved by the people who leased it to us... We moved into an apartment to save money and be able to have a lot of amenities like a gym and pools and game room and stuff, but now i do not feel like its worth it. And we are stuck in our lease for 14 more months... I don't want to break the lease because we'll lose a lot of money, but I just wonder if there is someway we can break it legally and consequence free... =(

Thank you ladies for letting me vent!

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mommymandaleigh
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:11 PM

I would take pictured and record the sound. After a while ask to be moved and if they will not move you or make the changes I would get a lawyer and the prrof you have will be enough for you to be able to break the lease and get out of paying ! GL momma

Danessa
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:14 PM

yeah, I have taken a TON of pictures of everything. At least to cover my butt when I move and they decide to blame me for everything... I bet that happens...

And I don't have a video recorder, but I have a camera and tried to record a video from that of the sound, but it didn't come out, since its not really made for sound. =(

Danessa
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:38 PM

BUMP..... they still won't stop jumping around... =(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)