Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Boo hoo, my life is so hard

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:57 PM
  • 4 Replies

I'm really trying not to be so annoyed with DH's friend's girlfriend but I about at the end of my rope.

Friend's son takes too long to get ready in the morning, it takes him 45 minutes to eat his breakfast, their baby wakes up at 5am & her boyfriend won't get up with her if he has to work. She doesn't get to party as much since the baby came & she can't find a part-time job to get out of the house. Its so hard for her to workout & get her weight off- ETC, ETC, ETC

And the complaining isn't the worst part. Its the fact that its all she wants to do. She doesn't want adivce & she swears that no one else understands what its like- even those of us who have been mothers longer. Grrrrrrr. I try not to be rude about it but its getting harder & harder

Do you have anyone like this? What is the most annoying thing about your husband's friends SO or wives?

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sllytnkrbl
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:04 PM

I luckily have not "had" to deal with anyone that annoying, not that I haven't dealt with them but it was a person who was neither my friend nor my husbands so I told her point blank, listen your life is what you make of it, if you'd rather spend it complaining instead of getting off your ass and doing something to fix it, it's your fault!   It's one thing to complain once in while but whine like that it's a poor me show and I refuse to give into those.

The worst friend's wife I have to deal with is the "oh my husband doesn't do anything unless I say so" wife.   Her husband can't breathe without her permission, she gets offended because I don't have to "allow" mine to have more than one beer, and oh my God, he actually goes to Hooters (which I consider a family restaurant, I go there too with the kids) and strip clubs (as she crosses herself).  I make up trips just to annoy her :)

Cavalrybaby02
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:06 PM

Honestly, no, because I try to keep toxic people out of my life.

But my life IS hard right now.  Did day 1 of the 30 day shred today and I hurt.  ;)

BubbaLuva
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:09 PM

Yes, I've encountered several people like that. There is absolutely nothing you can do to help a person like that. She doesn't want help, she wants pity. I had a couple very close friends who were just like that, & any time I had advice or constructive criticism there was always some reason that it just could NOT work for them. They were *special*.  Nothing that applied to the rest of the world was applicable to them.

BUT BUT BUT *if I agreed* that 'boy they had it worse than anyone', well then I was just the MOST understanding friend EVER!

Ultimately, I outgrew those friendships. I value my time too much for all that! But, it is annoying especially if you kind of have to deal with the person.

ZelisMommy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:12 PM

Sorry, I dont know anyone like that. I complain and whine, but so do my friends and most of the time its just to vent.. LOL.. but yeah, if she doesnt want advise, it would annoy me, too.  Maybe she just wants to vent & for you to listen, though? Does she have any other friends? If she doesnt this may be why she turns to you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)