Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pic of DS and I *thanks ladies*

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:58 PM
  • 28 Replies

I am finally starting to like myself. I got picked on so much at school for not being "skinny" or for having curly frizzy hair or because i have facial hair. Yes i know i have facial hair, but i cant help it, yes i know im not skinny, and i know my hair is curly, but damn did kids have to be so mean about it? To me im not pretty but im not ugly either. It has taken me so long to finally come to like myself. This is not a pity party post or a post how pretty i am or not.  I just wanted to share a pic i took saturday of my DS and me. I dont normally post pics of myself, because i dont.

DS is 16 months. I love the goofy face he is giving. We have a lot of the Baker and Choctaw genes running through out blood. Share some pics of you and your LO's or just of you if you want.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
natty31105
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:59 PM

huh?? you're NOT ugly.

SugarGuru
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:00 PM

while i applaud you for saying you love yourself, but continuing to call yourself ugly seems to be the opposite of actually loving yourself

mz_erica03
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:01 PM

Uh..yeah you're not ugly. At least I don't think so.

night.magic
by Chicken Nugget on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:02 PM

Well I feel ya in regards to the frizzy hair I have it too. Not only do heavy people get picked on in school. I was a tiny/skinny girl and also got picked on. I had a lot of bitterness for the way things were in school for a long time. I hated school. But I have since put it past me. It wasn't me, it was others ignorance to choose to mock and make fun. They didn't bother to want to get to know me, just made  judgement based on looks. So, screw them, I bet karma is a bitch!

Emoticons

Idiosyncratic
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:02 PM

I think you're gorgeous

GothicMommy3
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:03 PM

You look similar to me when I'm not wearing make up. You have beautiful eyes and your baby is gorgeous.

I've never been skinny. I've never been considered hot. But my husband loves me and tells me I'm pretty and my kids tell me I'm a beautiful mommy. It's great. Plus, some of the sexiest women have the ugliest personalities.

night.magic
by Chicken Nugget on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:04 PM

Like my mama always said to me, work what ya got. It could always be worse. Be glad in the fact you are nice looking.

MommyToEthan
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:04 PM

i agree.

Quoting SugarGuru:

while i applaud you for saying you love yourself, but continuing to call yourself ugly seems to be the opposite of actually loving yourself

countrygirlkat

I love your eyes!!!!!  You DS is a cutie.

bananahammock1

You have amazing eyes momma! Youre not ugly at all!

Proud infantry Army wife and mommy to 3 Army brats!american flag ribbon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)