Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just joined ... here is my story

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:03 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hello mommies! I was in great need of a web based mommy support group and it looks like I have found it! I am a married (actually just separated) mom of two young boys. Their ages are 3 and a half and 18 months. They are my life!! I love them dearly and run home every evening to play with them before they go to bed!! My husband and I have been married for two years and out of the blue he quit on our relationship. He is still a part of our son's life (because my oldest actually has a different father who is still a part of his life). I wanted to join cafemom.com because I know I can find other moms in the same situation who can encourage me to keep moving forward or moms who have been in my situation and can prove that a single mom of two can move on. I'm very hurt and torn. My greatest characteristic; however,  is that regardless of how hurt I am my kids will never know. I have always still played with them, taken them to the park, read their bedtime stories, shown much love and affection, etc. I have and will always be there for my children regardless of how bad my relationships have been with men! Guess the only two men destined to be with me are my boys!! Any advise, guidance, help or even a joke is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance moms!

-SJ

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Daytripn
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:06 PM

Welcome! My best advice is to not take anything on here too seriously, lots of good, smart moms on here more than willing to support and advise you, but haters, smart-asses (yes, guilty here)and tough love moms, too. Don't take negativity to heart, be free to reply and post, but remember, just like in real life, take everything with a grain of salt!

sjand2boys
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:51 PM

Thank You! After reading a few posts, I can definately see the haters out there.. WOW.. In times of need there are still people out there that want to bring you down even further! Mommies are supposed to be helping other mommies..

Chaotic_Rayne
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Welcome! Don't let anyone run you off... we are all a bit crazy around here at times!
There are some very compassionate and caring women on here, though... you just have to look for them, lol.

luce1977
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:05 PM

welcome to cafemom!!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)