Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OHHH boy!!!This should be fun!(venting)

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:16 PM
  • 13 Replies

Well today SO told me that we're going to the Dr.For what?! there's nothing wrong with me!But he insists that I need to see a dr,because I need to be seen.He thinks I'm wishy washy and unpredictible(might not be spelled right).And yeah I know I do things my way,and no matter where I'm at people question how I do stuff but really?Going to see the Dr for what?There's nothing wrong with me!When will people stop saying that there's something wrong with me!Just because I was diagnosed bipolar doesn't mean people have to sit down and imagine I'm doing weird stuff.I think I funtion just fine!This pisses me off!!!How would he feel if I told him that I wanted him to go see a dr. because he was wishy washy?

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2love
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:23 PM

BUMP!

allurasmamma
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:26 PM

I am sorry. Some people just don't understand that even if you went to the Dr. doesn't mean there is some magic cure. Just assure your family that you are fine, and you promise if something is wrong, you will tell them. Family can assume that you won't tell them if you feel badly, but if you tell them that you will, they should back off a bit. Good luck!

SugarGuru
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:27 PM

you said you've been diagnosed as bipolar.....

and you're obviously going to have a baby soon, maybe he wants to safeguard that you are taken care of since you are higher risk for PPD

JessicaNelson21
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:27 PM

I'm sorry hon  :(  I don't know you...but I know my husband is bipolar and he doesn't take his meds, so I begged him to go see a doctor.  It was out of control and I was miserable.  I was taking anti depressants because he would not get help and I felt that was unfair....if I had a heart condition I would take meds...being bipolar is a serious medical problem so I feel it should be properly treated.  Well, he did get on meds but then stopped taking them after about a month...then things were 10 times worse than before...I gave up finally...I can't worry about taking care of my 2 children, myself AND him...he is 24, and should take responsibility for his own actions. 

25beengoodtome
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:30 PM

Could be HE needs to go speak to a doctor for being controlling & judgemental.

~Marie - I'm Absolutely ADDICTED TO CAFEMOM - and loving it!!
fallen018
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:33 PM

If you have already been diagnosed with Bipolar then you already know everything you do is not normal to other ppl...I know I work in mental health...maybe he just wants to play it safe because your pregnant and that could incread the chances of postpardum depression...dont be mad he is just trying to help out and make sure you and the baby are okay.

SnowKristal
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:34 PM

Wow...it's upsetting I'm sure, but... he must really care about you. And, he may be seeing things that you CAN'T see about yourself.

I'd go and let HIM do the talking. Don't get defensive... just listen. Then when Doc asks you what you think...tell him that you honestly don't see what the issue's are but are willing to explore the possibility that you may need medication adjustments.

omgwthidk
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:37 PM

Well darlin' I think you may actually need to go. As you were diagnosed bi-polar, have you been following a treatment plan ie) medications and therapy? I am diagnosed as bipolar 1 with psychosis and borderling personality and OCD... therefore I am in the dr a lot for med checks and therapy appointments etc.

2love
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:38 PM

Maybe so...but I just feel like I dont need to see anyone because he's worried.Idk

Quoting SugarGuru:

you said you've been diagnosed as bipolar.....

and you're obviously going to have a baby soon, maybe he wants to safeguard that you are taken care of since you are higher risk for PPD

2love
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:41 PM

Thanx!

Quoting fallen018:

If you have already been diagnosed with Bipolar then you already know everything you do is not normal to other ppl...I know I work in mental health...maybe he just wants to play it safe because your pregnant and that could incread the chances of postpardum depression...dont be mad he is just trying to help out and make sure you and the baby are okay.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)