Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you let your son/daughter?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:47 PM
  • 32 Replies

Poll

Question: would you let your son/daughter date someone who has a sibling that is a teen parent

Options:

yes

no

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 75

View Results

Would you let your son or daughter date someone with a sibling thats a teen parent? What if that brother or sister has two kids being a teen parent? What if that brother or sister has 2 kids and all 3 of them were born while he/she was a teen? Why or why not?

I'm not judging I'm just asking I am a teen parent so I'm not bashing anyone or anything like that I'm just wondering..

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wendy_June
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Yes I would. My sister is married to an excellent man. His sister was a teen mom. Not all siblings are alike. Those 2 are like night and day.

marshakay

i can't see why that alone would make a difference

Prmomof4

yes...because each person is different and just because their sibling is one way doesn't mean they will be

mrjjmt
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:50 PM

why wouldn't you? why would i punish my kid for something their friends sibling did?

mommymandaleigh
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:51 PM

Yes. I would hope my son/daughter has been talked to enough on the subject of teen pregnancy and BC when they start dating.Or I should say she will be !

southernjess3
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:51 PM

Quoting marshakay:

i can't see why that alone would make a difference

CafeMom Tickers

Stacylynn0610
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:52 PM

My DH's sister was a teen mom, my dh is the total opposite.  We didn't have our first child until he was 29.

anikahaynes1

Probably. However I think girls get more of the stigmatisim about it when it comes to dating, like if a girl is a teen mom its harder to date than a teen boy who has a child with a teen girl.

shortyalicia
Quoting Prmomof4:

yes...because each person is different and just because their sibling is one way doesn't mean they will be

CherylMacAinsh
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:53 PM

The siblings I wouldnt be concerned about, Its the parents that I would want to meet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)