Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Excessive lying...Im at my wits ends!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:55 PM
  • 14 Replies

Hello ladies.

I am having a problem with my 8yo ds..he has a problem with excessive lying and he is constantly covering up lies with other lies so he doesnt get in trouble..sometimes its hard to distinguish a lie from the truth with him so If he is telling the trught we dont want to punish him for it and I just dont know what to do anymore his lies can range from small to big but nothing ever serious...I have two other boys ages 6.9 and I dont have a problem with them lying to me.We have tried punishments,spanking,talking to him but nothing seems to work and it is worrying me because I am hoping this is something that he will grow out of but he is also manipulative next to his lying.Does anyone have suggestions?Thanks for all of them in advance.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyof3boys567
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:06 PM

BUMP!

ILOVEMYkids163
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:07 PM

BUMP!

Kylie819
by Emerald Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:08 PM

BUMP!

MOMby19
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:09 PM

BUMP!

Solo_Fan
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:09 PM

My son has been doing that since the age of 8.  He is now 15 and still lying.  I have no advice.  Sorry.

Ohiomomto2
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:11 PM

BUMP!

mommyof3boys567
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Thats no good :(

Quoting Solo_Fan:

My son has been doing that since the age of 8.  He is now 15 and still lying.  I have no advice.  Sorry.

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Have you talked to his doctor about this? The lying and manipulating can be signs of certain issues.

momsndaughters
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:15 PM

It could be a number of reasons, but the one that jumps out at me the most is that he is the middle child...Sometimes they see that the oldest gets a type of attention that they do not because they are not the oldest and same with the youngest....The middle child sometimes feels as though they are missing that specialness that the "oldest" and "youngest" get....IDK momma, maybe create a special day for just you and him...or make it a big deal that he is the "middle" child....

mommyof3boys567
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:19 PM

That is my exact thought but I just dont know how to address it..we give him special one on one time but it still continues its like he needs constant attention...Another poster asked if I asked his dr about it and no I haven't..I really didnt think it was a problem until the last few weeks and it is starting to worry me because I dont want his to be a teen and do this and get into massive trouble.THANK YOU LADIES!

Quoting momsndaughters:

It could be a number of reasons, but the one that jumps out at me the most is that he is the middle child...Sometimes they see that the oldest gets a type of attention that they do not because they are not the oldest and same with the youngest....The middle child sometimes feels as though they are missing that specialness that the "oldest" and "youngest" get....IDK momma, maybe create a special day for just you and him...or make it a big deal that he is the "middle" child....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)