Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Natural induction" - What worked for you?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:23 PM
  • 15 Replies

I am 38 1/2 weeks pregnant.  I don't feel like this baby is ever going to come.  :)  I have been having contractions for about a week now, and my Dr won't check to see if I'm dialated until Friday.  So, I have NO idea how I'm progressing.  So, I know there are a lot of ways they say you can start labor yourself.  I am curious- what did you try?  And what worked for you?   I'm not intending on trying anything until after Friday, I'd kinda like to find out how I'm doing on my own.  BUT, if I receive "bad news" then I may just try some suggestions.  :)

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
isra1986
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:24 PM

You aren't even "full term" yet, give it time! I didn't deliver until 42 weeks!
What worked for me was riding fast over speed bumps, lol!

Danessa
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:26 PM

My friend was 36 weeks and really wanted to have her baby. Her baby was extra big because at like 28 weeks they thought she was gonna go into labor early and gave her steroids, so at 36 weeks she was ready to pop... Well, one day she walked around like the whole day and walmart and target and just walked walked walked, and then she went to the chiropractor, and drank some herbal tea stuff... sure enough that evening her water broke and she went into labor. She said it was a good delivery.

rachael_c

Like I said, I'm not going to try anything until after Friday ( I will be 39 weeks)  I couldn't imagine going until 42 weeks.  My first pregnancy ended at 36 weeks and my second at 38 1/2. 

Quoting isra1986:

southernjess3

dont due casteroil...and i wouldnt freak until your due date...lol

rachael_c
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:27 PM

I've heard about the herbel tea working- do you know what kind she drank?

Quoting Danessa:

My friend was 36 weeks and really wanted to have her baby. Her baby was extra big because at like 28 weeks they thought she was gonna go into labor early and gave her steroids, so at 36 weeks she was ready to pop... Well, one day she walked around like the whole day and walmart and target and just walked walked walked, and then she went to the chiropractor, and drank some herbal tea stuff... sure enough that evening her water broke and she went into labor. She said it was a good delivery.

Double.L
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:27 PM

The second time sex worked at 39 weeks, the third time stripping membranes worked at 38 weeks. Both started my labor contractions immediately.... I had my baby within hours...

He's my star....and I'm his sky....

rachael_c
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:29 PM

Lucky you!  With my second, my Dr stripped my membranes at my appointment in the morning, my hubby and I went for a LONG walk and I had my daughter later that evening. 

Quoting Double.L:

The second time sex worked, the third time stripping membranes worked. Both started my labor contractions immediately.... I had my baby within hours...

isra1986
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:29 PM

Yeah, I was trying EVERYTHING to get her out! Drinking cinnamon tea, eating spicy food, walking (it rained in the last week every single day of course, so I walked around the house all day!) I was still working up until 4 days before and I would lift the heaviest boxes, lol.
But my grandmom told me about the peed bumps, I thought it was dumb, but it worked!

Quoting rachael_c:

Like I said, I'm not going to try anything until after Friday ( I will be 39 weeks)  I couldn't imagine going until 42 weeks.  My first pregnancy ended at 36 weeks and my second at 38 1/2. 

Quoting isra1986:

MamaBear2cubs
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:30 PM

Sex! me and my husband had sex that night, lost my mucus plug the next morning and delivered my daughter late afternoon I was 39 weeks.

They are my reason

Danessa
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:30 PM

no, sorry I do not....

Quoting rachael_c:

I've heard about the herbel tea working- do you know what kind she drank?

Quoting Danessa:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)