Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am embarassed of my face.

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:28 PM
  • 49 Replies

I don't know whats going on but I am getting the worse acne of my life. I tried proactive but for some reason my face got really oily whenever I used it and made it worse. Than i got some stuff called acne solution (i think) from walmart. And when I use it my face feels clean and they start to shrink but they wont completey go away, and if I miss just one wash (i am really bad about washing my face before bed) This is what happens

The fact that it's not completely going away makes me wonder if I need a pescription from a dermatologist. I have spent soooooo much as it is on many different face washes and kits it's not even funny.

It's just really starting to bother me because I used to have really good skin. I very rarely wear makeup as it is because it's been sooo bad for the last 6 months or so. Not only is it embarassing but it's painful too. It feels swollen and hurts really bad (all of them do)

Are dermatologists and prescriptions expensive? because we have no insurance atm and dh is still out of a job. he may have one within the next couple of days but it requires him doing something we have been trying to avoid. BUT thats a whole other topic.  anyway advice please, I need it.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KimmyShaw
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:30 PM

Not sure BUMP

singlemom416
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:31 PM

My dd has the same problem.I got her the zeno hot spot and it helped her a lot.Most of hers went WAY down with in 24 hours.She also has to wash her face twice a day.

ajjs1972

i feel ya momma! i get cystic pimples and they are HUGE! filled with all kinds of shit and when I pop them it hurts so bad and scares me! the reason I haven't went to get any more meds is b/c of the expense! I had a script for a drug that was to take care of them, but it didn't work, I need to go back but can't afford it right now!

KristenFowles

I'm so sorry!

Are you pregnant by any chance? I got TERRIBLE acne while pregnant - But it cleared up right after birth.

If not, I'd find a dermatologist.

jenniamigo
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:32 PM

i already have plenty of those lol

Quoting KimmyShaw:

Not sure BUMP

singlemom416
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:33 PM

mario badescu try this skin care line works great.

jenniamigo
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:33 PM

I have an IUD that has been very effective for the last year and half so I doubt it.

Quoting KristenFowles:

I'm so sorry!

Are you pregnant by any chance? I got TERRIBLE acne while pregnant - But it cleared up right after birth.

If not, I'd find a dermatologist.

devasmom
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:34 PM

Avon has a really great product for acne treatment. It is a face wash, a day cream and a night cream. It is not very expensive. I bought it for my son a few years back and it worked wonders. Unfortunately, I cannot remember the name of it. It was not all that much money. If you can find an Avon rep, they may be able to give you the name of it. Good luck.

MommyMica
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:35 PM

I think that it may be time to see your dermatologist and get a prescription.

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:35 PM

How can you be embarrassed about something you can't control?

I think you're fucking hott.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)