Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't exist!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:31 PM
  • 6 Replies

We have been looking into buying a house,so I talked to someone today about financing. We are quite the pair. He has bad credit and I have no credit. I have never had a credit card and have paid cash for vehicles. So,we are going to spend the rest of the year fixing stuff on his credit and doing stuff to better both. Anyway,the moral of the story is that if you are like I am and think it's better to wait til you have the money for something,you're wrong. lol Apparently we all need credit cards. Vent over. :)

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:34 PM

Yeah, you will need to build yourself some credit while fixing his. No credit doesn't look good either.

mommythree0508
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:35 PM

Quoting KairisMama:

Yeah, you will need to build yourself some credit while fixing his. No credit doesn't look good either.

Yep,he said we should get a credit card through the credit union and spend a little every month and pay it every month.

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:36 PM

My very first CC was a gas station card. I only used it for gas in the car, and paid it off every month.

Quoting mommythree0508:

Quoting KairisMama:

Yep,he said we should get a credit card through the credit union and spend a little every month and pay it every month.

mommythree0508
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:39 PM

I guess I had never really thought about it. We deposit his check and use our debit cards for everything. I had never felt a need for a credit card.

mysticalmalissa
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:42 PM

I have never had a credit card and dont think I ever will.  If I cant pay cash I dont need it.  My credit cant be to bad because when I signed up with Verizon I didnt have to pay a deposit, but a friend of mine who has cards had to pay $150 up front.

mommythree0508
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:49 PM

Quoting mysticalmalissa:

I have never had a credit card and dont think I ever will.  If I cant pay cash I dont need it.  My credit cant be to bad because when I signed up with Verizon I didnt have to pay a deposit, but a friend of mine who has cards had to pay $150 up front.

I don't normally have to pay stuff like that either. That's why this kinda surprised me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)