Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I go about this? (me contacting my bio dad)

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:34 PM
  • 2 Replies

I will try to make this as short as possible.  When I was 13 my Dad decided that he didn't want me anymore because he didn't want to pay my mom child support. My Mom thought this would be a good time to tell me that my Dad was not my biological Dad.  My Mom and Dad were high school sweethearts and apparently had a seperation for a few months when my Mom slept with another guy.  She ended up pregnant by this other guy, but didn't tell him.  She told my Dad who said that he would take me and raise me as his own.  He even signed my birth certificate.  When I was 16 my mom decided to contact my bio Dad and tell him about me.  He was happy to meet me and for a couple of weeks even came to my work to visit with me when he got off of work.  It was wonderful!  Then all of the sudden his wife called my Mom and said not to contact him anymore because there was no way that I could possibly be his because he was a blonde and I am a brunette (nevermind the fact that my has dark hair and skin).  Fast forward a lot of years and now I have my 2 boys.  I am really wanting to contact my bio Dad to see if there is any chance of connecting.  I would love to do a paternity test to prove he is my bio Dad even though deep down I truly believe he is.  I would love for my boys to have a Grandpa.  My poor kids don't have any family here that they have contact with.  My Mom's side of the familyare all a big joke and well, my Mom isn't much better.  I have found my bio Dad's email address, but how in the world do I start that email??  Any help would be great!!  Also, am I just plain crazy for wanting to contact him?

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
calcalmommy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:57 PM

No, you're not crazy for wanting to contact him!  I would want to also if I were in your situation.

monkeyrhea
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:26 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)