Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WTH is this?? Looks like ants on piles of rice . . . pic included

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:38 PM
  • 54 Replies

My dd saw this just today in the hallway. I opened the closet to find more. It was definitely NOT there yesterday. What is it?? I killed it with Raid, whatever it is, but I'm so totally grossed out.

These are the best pics I could get. My husband is asleep because he works weird shifts, and I wasn't going to wake him. Any info you have is very useful. Thanks in advance. Also, no, it's definitely not actually rice.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Enyo
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:39 PM

It looks like the ants were trying to build a nest.

jucyfrut
by LITTLE BIT on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:40 PM

I have no clue, but I have seen it in many mailboxes.  I'm grossed out by it, too.

While you were too busy being so judgemental of others, you forgot to lock your closet door~~and all the skeletons fell out!!  OOPS!!

bigmommasmomma
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:40 PM

gross. Looks like you have bad infestation of lots of things hence the other trap. You need to call someone and quick that can't be sanitary

Pnukey
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Quoting Enyo:

It looks like the ants were trying to build a nest.

You think those might be ant eggs? Can ants lay eggs that many so quickly?

ktwister
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Urgh I have no idea. 

mrsjedwards
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:42 PM

what are the rice things? termites are white and some look like black ants with wings?

Pnukey
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Quoting bigmommasmomma:

gross. Looks like you have bad infestation of lots of things hence the other trap. You need to call someone and quick that can't be sanitary

Absolutely! Hubby is on pest duty as soon as he wakes up. The other trap was from a mouse we found about 6 months ago. We caught it and haven't had any other problems with them, but we're keeping the traps...just in case. 

xocoutureandco
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:43 PM

this.....

Quoting bigmommasmomma:

LaceyAva
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:44 PM

The only thing I can think of would be termites, do some have wings. 

Lace 

TheresaGeorge
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:44 PM

It looks like an ant colony is ether moving in or moving out.  They look like ant eggs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)