Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She keeps scratching her scalp .... HELP !

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:45 PM
  • 4 Replies

My daughter is mixed, im sure yall know, well i wash her hair maybe every 3 or 4 days so it doesnt get to dried out. I was using the johnsons and johnsons baby shampoo for curly hair. Its the same one as the orange regular baby shampoo just greene. Well I noticed when it got hotter out Kaylee will scratch at her scalp in the back of her head CONSTANTLY. I thought maybe the shampoo was drying her scalp out so i switched to a toddler champoo the suave one that smells like coconut (she picked it cuz it had a monkey on it) but shes still CONSTANTLY scratching at her scalp. Its not lice or anything, she doesnt even go to daycare.

Anyone elses lil ones have this problem, Anyone have any advice on what to do so make her not so itchy ?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Pregnancy%20ticker

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
IMAMOMx4
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:47 PM

She could be sweating and when that happens it cause itchy scalp.  I am not sure what you can do. 

Viperkaylin
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:49 PM

I would say talk to her doctor because they can sometimes prescribe a certain kind of shampoo that helps. Plus they can take a look and make sure that it isn't something medical.

RaynesMommy07
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:53 PM

Just for me hair lotion and/or coconut oil.  My DD & Ds is mixed too and this is what I use on their hair.  It really works, if I didn't use this their hair would be super dry and would itch them to death.  Hope this helps!! [0=

Love2Bugs
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:59 PM

I used the just for me lotion before, but i stoped using it because it seemed like it made her hair SUPER oily no matter how little i put in it. But what is coconut oil ? were do i get it from ? hoow do i use it ? lol 

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Just for me hair lotion and/or coconut oil.  My DD & Ds is mixed too and this is what I use on their hair.  It really works, if I didn't use this their hair would be super dry and would itch them to death.  Hope this helps!! [0=

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Pregnancy%20ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)