Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long did you...?PIOG

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:53 PM
  • 7 Replies

Walk to make your contractions start? My doctor stripped my membranes today and told me to start walking even though my contractions are already 8 to 12 minutes apart. Well I went home and tried to walk but the only thing that prompted was a bowel movement. Tried walking again a little later and the same thing. They dont want the baby to get to big but they wont induce until 39 weeks because of a new policy at the NICU hospital in my area. Any suggestions cause at 37 weeks she is already 7 and a half pounds.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:56 PM

I walked 4 miles nightly 5 days a week from 37 weeks and my son was born at 42 weeks....

barrelracer1699
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:58 PM

Some people say sex will cause contractions

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:59 PM

I walked the day I went into labor. I walked for about 2 - 3 hours on and off at the hospital, which got me dilating more.

I went in at 7am 2cm dilated. I was pushing her out at 3:26. 39 weeks.

IMAMOMx4
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:00 PM

keep walking

Sorchasmom
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:01 PM

LOL I have no one to have sex with.

Quoting barrelracer1699:

Some people say sex will cause contractions

Sorchasmom
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:03 PM

I want to but it is so hard that when halfway around the block I have to run through peoples yards to get to a bathroom. I know they say excessive bowel movements is a sign that true labor is starting but it is like dry heaving at this point and with hemerhoids it is quickly becoming old...lol.

Quoting IMAMOMx4:

keep walking

Suz_and_Ash
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:06 PM

Just remember that the weight they gave you is a guess.  at 32 weeks they said my daughter was 5lbs and she came out at 40 weeks, 4 days at 7 lbs even.  Weights from ultrasounds can be off by up to 2 lbs either way, so baby might only be 5 lbs. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)