Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gallstones?? **Update**

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:14 PM
  • 5 Replies

My doctor thinks I may have them and I have an ultrasound scheduled for friday morning. So have any of you ladies had these? If so, what were your symptoms and how did they treat it??

Update 4/23

I had my ultrasound this morning and there was a whole bunch of stuff my in my gallbladder, of course the ultrasound technician cant tell me anything. The moment I saw it I said "What's that??" she said "I actually cant tell you anything" then I said "Well that stuff isnt normal" and she said "No, it's not"  so yeah.. I'm actually VERY happy they found this because I've had 4 attacks in a week and it's just sooooo freakin painful and now I know all this pain wasnt for nothing!!

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Rubygl00m
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:21 PM

I had severe pain (felt like I was having a heart attack) and nausea during my attacks. I controlled it with diet for a couple months but I ended up having to get my gallbladder removed. My gallstones caused me to get pancreatitis(much worse than a gallbladder attack).

RachelandSamie
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:28 PM

My first "attack" was last thursday and it came out of nowhere, I was in so much pain!! I was vomiting and nothing would help the pain. I was so scared that maybe it was a heart attack but it was too low for that, my pain is just below my breast bone and radiates all the way to my back.  I almost had my mom call 911 for me because it was so bad but it went away about 30 min after it started. My second "attack" was lastnight, I didnt throw up this time but was still nauseous and the pain wasnt as bad as the first time but this one lasted from 130am til 6am. I've never felt such terrible pain before!

Rubygl00m
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:34 PM

That sounds like your gallbladder. If you do have gallstones you definitely want to have your gallbladder removed. My last attack (when I had pancreatitis too) no rx pain meds were helping and I was puking everywhere. The surgery is super simple.

Fatty foods bring on the attacks. I was on a fat free diet for a couple months but eventually I ended up just having to have my gallbladder removed. I feel much better now.

Quoting RachelandSamie:

My first "attack" was last thursday and it came out of nowhere, I was in so much pain!! I was vomiting and nothing would help the pain. I was so scared that maybe it was a heart attack but it was too low for that, my pain is just below my breast bone and radiates all the way to my back.  I almost had my mom call 911 for me because it was so bad but it went away about 30 min after it started. My second "attack" was lastnight, I didnt throw up this time but was still nauseous and the pain wasnt as bad as the first time but this one lasted from 130am til 6am. I've never felt such terrible pain before!

5-kids
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:16 PM

I had to have gallbladder surgery. Back in '93 i had my first child and i started having pains. then when i was pregnant in '95 with my 2nd, the pains went away.  then when i had her the pains came back. OMG! they hurt! Then i had a real bad attack and i came crawling out of the bathroom on my hands and knees and i went to the docs. i had a sono the next day and had surgery the same day. after that, NO MORE PAIN!!!!

RachelandSamie
by on Apr. 23, 2010 at 12:23 PM

Bump for update

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)