Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HOLY F'ING S! IF I WASNT PISSED BEFORE IM PISSED NOW!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:52 PM
  • 36 Replies

i am so fucking sick of my husband! you dont even know! i wish i could leave right now but like i said before i am stuck here til a court date in may.

MY SON JUST CHOKED ON...

A CIGARETTE.

i freaked the fuck out. it was broken, part sticking out of his mouth and part of it was in his hand. he was gagging and making weird noises. i ripped it out of his mouth and had to throw him over my knees and hit his back. little by little the tobacco came out onto the floor and finally he started crying. i felt so bad, he was freaking out and there was snot and spit and tobacco all over. i didnt even fully realize it was a cigarette until it was all over.

once he calmed down i gave him some water and he is sitting in his playpen playing with a book.

NOW.. where the fuck did this cigarette come from? he was sitting right next to me on the floor on his little see&say mat. i watch this child like a hawk, i am paranoid about everything. there is no way he could have grabbed this without me noticing unless it was somewhere it really shouldnt be. i started looking to see if he grabbed a pack from any of the tables or something, but the idiot always takes them to work so that couldnt be it. then i see them. there are 2 more cigarettes under this shelf thing in the dining room. he threw his cigarettes when he was mad last night (not mad at me, thats another story). i thought he picked them all up, i didnt see any on the floor. but seriously, he should have looked harder, he is the one who saw where he threw them!!!! WE HAVE AN 8 MONTH OLD BABY!! NOTHING HE CAN CHOKE ON IS TO GO ON THE FLOOR AND STAY THERE! HOW COULD HE MISS THAT? i am so pissed right now.

from now on no cigarettes in my home. period. he will have to tell his friends and family and 'embarrass' himself. hopefully that will make him learn. not even in his pocket, they are to stay outside. this could have ended SO badly!! what if i didnt get it out of his throat? what if he couldnt hack it all up?!! i am so fucking angry with that jackass right now!!!!!!

i may be over reacting, but it just happened. so its still fresh in my mind how my son looked while he was choking. once i calm down i might feel a LITTLE differently about it but honestly, i doubt it.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Just_Bethy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:55 PM

Sorry but to me..you are not over reacting..the poison in those things for someone so small can make them really ill if he had eaten it...and then you have the choking risk...I would be really mad as well...

TealWC
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:56 PM

Wow seeing your child choke is terrifying. My boys have done it many times. That was careless of your husband. I am happy to hear that your baby is fine. I agree with the no cigarettes in the house rule.

mrsjedwards
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:56 PM

thank you. i feel kinda nuts banning something from my house but what the fuck? i am beyond angry with him. i told him no pot in my house either and to tell his aunt (she smokes a lot) and his best friend and he said no cuz its embarrassing. so i can imagine what he will say about cigarettes.

Quoting Just_Bethy:

Sorry but to me..you are not over reacting..the poison in those things for someone so small can make them really ill if he had eaten it...and then you have the choking risk...I would be really mad as well...

TealWC
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Definitely. The amount of nicotine in cigarettes is really harmful especially if ingested

Quoting Just_Bethy:

mrsjedwards
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:57 PM

thanks :) it really did scare the piss out of me. i almost cried. im glad hes happy now. ive never seen him drink so much water!

Quoting TealWC:

Wow seeing your child choke is terrifying. My boys have done it many times. That was careless of your husband. I am happy to hear that your baby is fine. I agree with the no cigarettes in the house rule.

De_Chick
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:58 PM

I'd be angry too. I'm glad your son is alright!

mrsjedwards

thats what scared me. i wasnt sure how much of it he actually swallowed. it couldnt have been much though, the better half of the thing was in his hand.

Quoting TealWC:

Definitely. The amount of nicotine in cigarettes is really harmful especially if ingested

kk_bella

*hugs*

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:00 PM

::hugs::  :(   You're not over reacting at all!  What if he swallowed it or something?  What a douchebag for leaving those just laying around knowing a small child is curious and at that age puts everything in their mouths!  He seriously needs to be junk punched repeatedly for being a dumbass ;]

mrsjedwards
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:01 PM

thanks chick. i am gonna junk punch him when he gets home, i swear. how do u fucking miss that? esp when you have a small baby ?!!!

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

::hugs::  :(   You're not over reacting at all!  What if he swallowed it or something?  What a douchebag for leaving those just laying around knowing a small child is curious and at that age puts everything in their mouths!  He seriously needs to be junk punched repeatedly for being a dumbass ;]

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)