Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

eczema

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:57 PM
  • 3 Replies

My 5 month old has really bad eczema on his back and stomach. I've been using exederm but it doesnt seem to help just makes it drier and scaly. Any ideas of what will help?

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
natty31105
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:04 PM

I have eczema. I have a cream from my dermatologist that helps when I flare up, but other than that nd lotion like you use...there isn't much. You need to find out what is triggering it. For me its stress, and heat. It could be something as small as dry skin, to a food allergy.

boysmomma260
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Ughhhh!!!  Excema is so hard to manage.  My first ds had it when he was a baby.  After buying every cream and lotion they sell, I finally figured out what worked.  I would apply eucerin (in the white tub) after a bath, then apply hydrocotisone cream on top of that when it was bad.  The hydrocotisone cream is a steriod and it cleared it up every time.  I didn't like to use it much but sometimes I had too.  GL!  Try not to give too many baths...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

starrymonkey
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:06 PM

Grind up plain oatmeal into the finest powder you can (a coffee grinder is best, then a food processor, and a blender), and add it to his bath.  I use about a cup for DS per bath.  Make sure the water is lukewarm (hot water will suck his skin dry), and let him sit for about twenty minutes.

Then the next day, mix equal parts honey and oatmeal (again, ground up) and smear it on his skin.  Let it sit for about ten minutes, then rinse off in a lukewarm bath.  

Rub him down with Baby Aveeno calming comfort lotion - that stuff is great - before bed each night.

CafeMom Tickers

Proud mom to a Sensational kid with SPD

As a WAHM, I can help you change your physical and financial future!  Ask me how!

http://www.beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/desireepurvis/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)