Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The black sheep

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:01 PM
  • 19 Replies

Yeah, that's me.  The black sheep of the family.  Not DH and my kids, but my siblings and parents.  I am the last to find out about anything (my parents didn't even tell me that my sister had a seizure) If my mom didn't text me today, I would have found out that my brother and his gf are having a baby boy through FACEBOOK.  When he texted and called everyone else.  My kids and I are never invited to anything that my other siblings do together (there are 9 of us). 

Maybe its a pity party, IDK but I just feel like they all feel obligated.  I am not invited to anything but major holidays and birthdays.  If I want to see them, I have to initiate it.  I just don' get it.  I am a nice, caring person, I don't smell lol.

I honestly feel like that if I weren't my dad's flesh and blood I would just be some annoying person to him =(

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sylvia559
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:04 PM

BUMP!

fairy_fan
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:05 PM

I hear you.  Sometimes I feel the same way since my parents live with my brother/SIL and live 30 minutes away.   

MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:06 PM

see thats the thing.  My mom only lives 15 minutes away and I see her once every three months MAYBE. 

Quoting fairy_fan:

I hear you.  Sometimes I feel the same way since my parents live with my brother/SIL and live 30 minutes away.   

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:06 PM

i feel u im the black sheep of my family on my moms side its sad but im getting use to it now. and hubby's family also.. its because he married a black woman and because i married a Italian man and they want to be all in our business but we wont let them.

♥♥♥Yes Im a WoW playing Momma dont knock the game try the game ♥♥♥

FooLynRoo
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:07 PM

We are the black sheep of both our families.

Hubbys family - we love to death, but we are the odd family out because we have less traditional ways of doing things. etc.

My family we love to death but we are the odd family out because we are too traditional for my siblings LOL

kdpeterson
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:07 PM

I am sorry you feel that way, I know how it is though. I am the youngest out of three girls and my oldest sister is 20+ older then me. I was adopted and so I feel like they didn't want me some days. I hope you start to feel better.

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:08 PM

I am too but then again,I stood up at the thanksgiving table and busted out everyone for their faults because they were harping on me.I was banned from family  reunions but damn,not every fucking thing is a family secret and they should not have told me..........or let me read the court transcripts ..........or let it be a matter of public record.......

dannie0802
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:09 PM

have u tried talking to them n letting them know how you feel

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:09 PM

Oh and I associate with undesireables and they don't want me bringing them to their houses.Fuck em!

raegansmom
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:09 PM

It is a family joke that I am the white sheep of our family-they are a whole flock of black sheep! 

Don't let it get you down, seriously, my family is the same way!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)