Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

today isnt a good day :-( (piog)

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:16 PM
  • 1 Replies

(info you'll need beforehand: I have really bad social anxiety. so bad that some days, I cannot leave the house)

i hate my english class. i used to love english. i loved writing, and reading and sharing my ideas when it came to literature.. but now? i have no idea whats wrong. I had a small panic attack going to school- which is normal for this class. we are on week 6, and i've only been here for 4 classes (4 weeks). i went the first 2 times, then skipped, then again, skipped last week and came this week and i am debating on skipping next week. I just cannot do it. we are in a really tiny classroom-- about 15ft by 10 with 30 students, plus the teacher. I cannot do it. i was there for a hour before i had to leave today. i just went to the computer lab where its much bigger, but i am missing the entire lecture. i havent done anything for this class- i am flat out failing. i should drop, but i cant b/c it'll affect my financial aid, and i wont graduate as planned. i'll be a class worth's credit behind with no way to make up for it. :-(

it didnt help that we had a groupwork thing in class today, and i didnt work with anyone. it went for about 30 minutes, and the entire time- everyone around me was laughing and having fun, etc... and i was just sitting there, minding my own business, too scared to talk, or even look up!

i wish i could quit, but its just this one class. my other ones (2)- i am fine in. i interact with them, laugh, joke around, etc.. the difference? my other classes only have 3-10 people.

and now, i'm in the computer lab, crying my eyes out. great. :-(

I need a pick-me-upper.

21 year old single mom of a 4 year old boy. Not sure exactly what kind of mom I am, but I get a chance to better myself everyday. My biggest goal for 2010 is to break out of my shell.

~~~ I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
kgsharber
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:39 PM

Sometimes you have to fake it until you feel it. Meaning, even though you are scared as hell you just need to do it. Open up and talk to someone or a group of people. You are failing this class! Not getting your degree can affect the rest of you life. Being uncomfortable in this class will only last another few weeks. Weigh your options and push through the anxiety. Also, speak with your professor before it gets any worse. They are people too, and maybe there is some individual work you can do instead of group. As long as you communicate, I doubt he/she fails you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)