Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Here's the letter I wrote my best friend......

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:52 PM
  • 6 Replies

I made a post about what happened yesterday.  A bunch of people called me a troll it sounds so ridiculous, lol. But I wrote her a letter I'm mailing tomorrow. I've never told her in our 7 years of friendship how I really felt. I want her to have a wake up call. What do you think? Would you change anything? I really ain't good at this, but I feel I have to do it. She's in jail and I can't talk to her on the phone.

(post from yesterday) http://www.cafemom.com/group/416/forums/read/11233078/My_best_friend_just_called_me_and_said_shes_being_held_against_her_will_and_UPDATE_2_The_police_went

Hey. So I know you're totally pissed at me, but I really don't care about that. I think it's pretty fucked up that you would call me and say all that shit and really expect me to sleep at night. Me, your sis, and your mom are only trying to help you. You have no appreciation, only anger and excuses.

You say you are now worried about your son. That's bullshit. If you gave two shits about your son, you wouldn't be where you are in the first place. You need to get your shit straight and take care of your kids. It isn't your mom's responsibility. You can whine and moan and wallow in self pity all day long, but while you do that, there are two precious, innocent children out there without a mommy. You can blame it on whoever and whatever you choose, but in the end, you only have yourself to blame.

I'm sitting on the porch as I write this watching my kids play., and I can't imagine a force strong enough to make me leave them. I have known exactly where they are and what they are doing every single second of their life. What the hell is wrong with you? You can do this. I know you have problems, but doesn't everyone? It's time to get off you ass, stop making excuses, and live you LIFE. You are going to KILL YOURSELF if you don't stop this madness.

I have offered for you to come stay with me constantly over the years. You've had a way out, you know that, you just choose not to take it.

The last thing I have to say is tough. I feel like I've been the best friend to you I can be. I'm done. i can't be friends with you and offer support to you anymore. You hurt me, your sis, you mom and most important, you kids. For you to put me in these types of situations over and over is so wrong. A triue friend wouldn't do that. I would never do that to you. You've called me numerous times asking for money. In all honesty, how many of those times was the money for drugs? You rarely have you rkids, so I know it isn't for them. I'm not stupid. I never tod you this, but one time you called for money when you were still with (boyfriends name here). I told you I'd let you know. You called back, I didn't answer, I guess you thought you weren't being recorded, because I heard the whole convo between you and your buddies contemplating your next fix. Hmmmm....if I had sent that money, I know where it was goihng. The fact that you would take food from my kids mouth (if I allowed that) for you own drug use is sick. Sure ain't something I would expect from my "best friend".

So when you're reaady to get your life straight, you call me. Until then, I don't want to hear from you. All you do is break my heart, for our friendship, for the person I know you REALLY are, and for your precious babies.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
bigmommasmomma
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:55 PM

Great letter.

Zanny
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:55 PM

good for you!!!  Sometimes you just gotta know when to say when... Enough is enough, and you do not need to enable her

nemiller
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:58 PM

this is really all you can do.  call her on her shit and cut her off until she seeks treatment.  she is an addict, from what you've shared.  she must hit bottom and choose to get better.  the only choices you have are whether or not you'll deal with it.  sometimes having your loved ones stay away and refuse to fuel your habit is exactly what's needed.  i hope she chooses to get better and complete a program before she ends up dead.  her children need her more than she needs drugs, but she'll have to get clean before she realizes it.

kdpeterson
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:00 PM

i am proud of you for sticking up to her. Sounds like no one else is going to. I wish you the best of luck. If you need a someone to vent to

kdpeterson
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:01 PM

I am here for you. Sorry I didn't finish it but my son hit enter before I was done lol

mommy22boyz357
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:05 PM

Thanks ladies. I'm def. going to drop it in the mail tomorrow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)