Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pay Someone Or DIY

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:54 PM
  • 15 Replies

We need a fence put in basically to close off our yard, we got an estimate that said he would do it for 600 dollars, we priced the materials, and basically it going to be between 4 and 5 hundred with a lot of headache installing it, because we need it installed on brick.  Would you do it yourself or pay someone.

I am a 22 year old married momma of two and expecting our third.  I do what I have to to make sure my kids are loved, safe, and taken care of.  I am a teen mom, rape survivor, foster care child, breastfeeding but failed twice, natural birth supporting, you do what you have to to raise your children and I will do the same, all I ask for is respect, kind of mom!

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Orionsgirl
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:55 PM

$600 installed compared to $400-$500 DIY??? Pay somebody!

Just_Bethy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:55 PM

I would pay someone....

boyd-family
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:56 PM

In that situation I would pay the extra to have it installed!

ILive4This

If the materials were $400-500, and the estimate was $600, that seems like a no brainer to me.  $100 more for less headaches, and back-breaking work.

Girl_Charlie

If it was going to be way cheaper to do it yourself, I'd say DIY. But since it's just $100 difference, I'd pay someone else to do it. 

.Mad.Hatter.
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:57 PM

Quoting Orionsgirl:

$600 installed compared to $400-$500 DIY??? Pay somebody!

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”

Daytripn
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:57 PM

That's a great price!! Grab it.  OH, and if you are in Okla. can I get the name of the fencing company???wink mini

AutymsMommy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:57 PM

Pay somebody. I'm not a do-it-myself kind of gal when it comes to handy work. Lol.

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. I am submissive and proud, my husband is head of my home. I am a proud, traditional Roman Catholic, as is my husband... Yes we are teaching our children that The Church is the only Church.               Aimee

Q0112
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:58 PM

if the materials are $500 and this person is charging $600...he's giving you a deal. If the meterials are $400 and he charges $600...that's still not bad. I'd pay someone else to do it. But I guess it depends on your finances. Can you afford to pay someone to do it without going broke?

treadmill  Lost 8 pounds. 15 more to go! "I will NOT solve this problem with food!"   

PookaboosMom
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:59 PM

pay, if the price diff is less that 200 you're getting a pretty awesome deal

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)