Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just dont get it.....

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:00 PM
  • 7 Replies

...why do you ladies come here first for medical help, relationship help, etc? I really don't get it. If you think that there is something wrong with you, your child, your SO then why don't you call the Dr instead of asking for help here. The info that you get here may not be medically sound and could possible hurt you or your loved one more. I mean really call the Dr. or go to the ER. I personally would not trust the medical advice of someone on a website. If you are having problems with your relationship why not go to a therapist? I understand that sometimes you need to vent and would like some ideas on what to do and confiding in a person on a website may help but I personally would rather seek a professional instead of being bashed by everyone one here for the choices that got you into the mess in the first place and make you feel real shitty about yourself. I really don't understand any of this.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mom4-3
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:04 PM

BUMP!

boyd-family
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:06 PM

I am sure if something was seriously wrong people do call the doc, but CM is a great place for getting advice from people who have been in the same situation! Most of the time the responses are call your doctor anyway............

Daytripn
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:06 PM

i like the ones that say, my bf-so-df etc beats me, steals, doesnt work, drug addict, cheats, but I really love him, what should I do?   For Real??????

isra1986
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Many times I will post while waiting for the doctor to call back. Drs are busy, they can't drop all their patients to take my call.
And if DH and I have issues, it is sometimes helpful to hear from n outsider or someone who has been in the same situation.

Momof2MixdBoyz
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:11 PM

I'm not married or in a relationship... but if I'm having issues it's nice to hear from someone who has been there!!! As far as medical... there are some things... like adhd, allergies, etc that I ask advice for... because those are ON GOING... not one time things.... I like to get ideas to talk to my Dr about.... new meds, different meds, etc that might help my kids.... A lot of Drs also like their clients to know of the different types of meds out there... and other research...

Quoting isra1986:

Many times I will post while waiting for the doctor to call back. Drs are busy, they can't drop all their patients to take my call.
And if DH and I have issues, it is sometimes helpful to hear from n outsider or someone who has been in the same situation.

Are you struggling with weightloss? Do you have 100+ lbs to lose? Than visit me and other ladies taking a stance and ready to kick the healthier living into gear!!!

Check us out at ~*~Mom's with 100 or more pouds to lose~*~

neila_930
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:12 PM

Quoting boyd-family:

I am sure if something was seriously wrong people do call the doc, but CM is a great place for getting advice from people who have been in the same situation! Most of the time the responses are call your doctor anyway............

Melame68
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:13 PM

because i wanna make sure im not crazy or over reacting first. if i have  bump i would rather see if someone recognises that its somthing serious on here than go in and find out i am having a panic atta ck over an ingrown hair

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)