Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Super Mommy

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:01 PM
  • 17 Replies

Do you have any friends/family that call you Super Mommy?

Do you call or think of any of your friends as a Super Mommy?

I have a lot of friends and family that call me that. They say that my boys are always so well behaved (haha if they only knew!). A lot say they can't believe I go out of the house with the 3 of them myself (like to the park or the zoo etc).

I am far from perfect and I really don't feel like a "Super Mommy" but it always brightens my day that my friends will say that to me. I was just wondering if it's pretty common for people to say or to feel that way about their friends.  

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
De_Chick
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:05 PM

I've been called that several time too.

isra1986
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:06 PM

I have been called that. And I call one of my friends that because she honestly is!

abbysmommy429
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:07 PM

I have a friend that I would say is close to a super-mommy. She is a bio-chemist at a university, mom of two young girls, bakes amazing cakes, does lots of crafts, and still down to earth.

Vinsmomma
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:08 PM

I get it all the time, and people go out of their way to tell hubby that they think I am an amazing mom and a super mom.. It always makes me feel good to hear it though even though I feel like I could do better

Melame68
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:08 PM

when i was a sahm people called me super mama.

1busymomma03
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:10 PM
I've been called super mommy before. It's a very nice compliment...but I think it's far from the truth. LOL
dusky_rose
by Sue on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:10 PM

nobody calls me that, I'm just mommy :-(

Click image above to join Motivate to Get in Shape!

dmcarpenter619

Yes I have a friend who says it every time I talk to her.  I honestly don't think that I am and I think that I have an advantage.  I have a degree in Early Childhood Education & Family Development so I learned very early how to deal with my children. LOL  I also took every single parenting class I could take when I had my first child.  It is very important for me to be a good mother, unlike my own mother.

CarterMommy

yeah i am the same as you :) my husband is one of the few of his friends that are married/has kids so he brags about me a lot and they all think i'm awesome. it's a great feeling but i think everyone is nuts lol

Quoting Vinsmomma:

I get it all the time, and people go out of their way to tell hubby that they think I am an amazing mom and a super mom.. It always makes me feel good to hear it though even though I feel like I could do better

CarterMommy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:13 PM

ya know that may have something to do with it too... i used to work in a daycare and i've taken ECE classes and stuff (i plan to teach after i get my masters in education in a few years) so i'm very involved, most of the time, with getting my boys doing activites, school work, and all that even though none are in school yet

Quoting dmcarpenter619:

Yes I have a friend who says it every time I talk to her.  I honestly don't think that I am and I think that I have an advantage.  I have a degree in Early Childhood Education & Family Development so I learned very early how to deal with my children. LOL  I also took every single parenting class I could take when I had my first child.  It is very important for me to be a good mother, unlike my own mother.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)