Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yay!!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:34 PM
  • 9 Replies

I made two big batches of homemade laundry detergent today..I should have enough to last me for at least 6 months...probably longer. Awesome!! LOL.

Just had to share in my happiness. haha. Is it sad and pathetic that I'm so happy over laundry detergent??

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
isra1986
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:35 PM

Congrats! How did you do it? liquid or powder?
I want to do liquid, but can never get it right!

adon87
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:36 PM

Congrats..I wanna learn too...

Wendy_June
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:37 PM

Yay! Nothing wrong with being proud of your achievements. I'm proud of myself because I dusted today. I hate dusting my home. :-P

1busymomma03
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:47 PM

I make a liquid. I didn't really get my recipe from anywhere in particular. One momma on here gave me a website that had a bunch of recipes, and I sort of adapted my own over time. LOL.

Here's my recipe:

I use a bucket that is about 3-4 gallon (not sure exactly which..but I'm leaning towards 3. lol).

I grate one bar of Ivory soap, and put it in a pan with water and bring it to a boil.

In the bucket, I mix 1 cup of borax, 1 cup of washing soda, and 1/4-1/2 cup of oxygen booster (generic oxy clean) with some hot water. Stir until dissolved.

When all of the powders are dissolved, I add the soap mixture to the bucket, and stir well. Then I top it off with more hot water, and stir again (lol).

I let it set over night before using. It will gel and get sort of goopy, gloppy, but that's normal. I just keep a big cooking spoon by the bucket and give it a good stir before using. I use around 1/4 cup per load..I could probably use less, but that's just the amount that works best on DH's work clothes and the kids play clothes. LOL.

Quoting isra1986:

1busymomma03
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:48 PM

Ooh, I hate dusting too! You should be proud. =)  Wanna come do my house tomorrow? lol

Quoting Wendy_June:

Yay! Nothing wrong with being proud of your achievements. I'm proud of myself because I dusted today. I hate dusting my home. :-P

texasgirl1611
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:54 PM

Quoting 1busymomma03:

I make a liquid. I didn't really get my recipe from anywhere in particular. One momma on here gave me a website that had a bunch of recipes, and I sort of adapted my own over time. LOL.

Here's my recipe:

I use a bucket that is about 3-4 gallon (not sure exactly which..but I'm leaning towards 3. lol).

I grate one bar of Ivory soap, and put it in a pan with water and bring it to a boil.

In the bucket, I mix 1 cup of borax, 1 cup of washing soda, and 1/4-1/2 cup of oxygen booster (generic oxy clean) with some hot water. Stir until dissolved.

When all of the powders are dissolved, I add the soap mixture to the bucket, and stir well. Then I top it off with more hot water, and stir again (lol).

I let it set over night before using. It will gel and get sort of goopy, gloppy, but that's normal. I just keep a big cooking spoon by the bucket and give it a good stir before using. I use around 1/4 cup per load..I could probably use less, but that's just the amount that works best on DH's work clothes and the kids play clothes. LOL.

Quoting isra1986:

How much water??  Just asking cause i would probable make it too thin . . lol

funny    

TGSPCharmNeckers.gif picture by fooferann

1busymomma03
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:00 PM

Quoting texasgirl1611:

Quoting 1busymomma03:

Here's my recipe:

Quoting isra1986:

I make it in 3-4 gallon bucket, so total that's the amount that I use. When melting the soap, I just fill the pot about half full, and when dissolving the borax and washing soda, I just fill the bucket about half full. Then after mixing the two together, I top off the bucket with more water (until the bucket is full).

Try this link for other recipes too. =)

http://tipnut.com/10-homemade-laundry-soap-detergent-recipes/

texasgirl1611
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:15 PM

Quoting 1busymomma03:

Quoting texasgirl1611:

Quoting 1busymomma03:

Here's my recipe:

Quoting isra1986:

I make it in 3-4 gallon bucket, so total that's the amount that I use. When melting the soap, I just fill the pot about half full, and when dissolving the borax and washing soda, I just fill the bucket about half full. Then after mixing the two together, I top off the bucket with more water (until the bucket is full).

Thank you . . lol  no tellin what i would have done

funny    

TGSPCharmNeckers.gif picture by fooferann

1busymomma03
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:21 PM

Quoting texasgirl1611:

Quoting 1busymomma03:

Quoting texasgirl1611:

Quoting 1busymomma03:

Here's my recipe:

Quoting isra1986:

Thank you . . lol  no tellin what i would have done

No problem!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)