Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why in the world?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:47 PM
  • 15 Replies

I believe everyone should have their own opinion. I dont bash others for smoking weed or getting tattoes or even piercings or sleeping with a bunch of guys. Just because i believe in something different you guys think i would put my children at risk just because i dont think its neccesary to have them in a five point harness after a certain age. Both of my younger children are in five point harnesses because i know they are not able to sit in a regular carseat. Are you going to bash amish people because there is no carseat in a buggy? I understand carseats save lives but so does common sense. And just for clarification I dont think none of the above are offensive. Please let others have their own opinions. That is what makes every one unique. And if you want to get technical i am sure that there is a whole lot of stories of how a carseat killed an child

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:49 PM

wow no one? I am impressed

Love2Bugs
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:52 PM

ummmmm ..... ok lol.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Pregnancy%20ticker

Harmony_31
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:52 PM

So am I considering some of the arguments I've come across and participated in. As long as you are doing what's necessary to protect your children, it's nobodys business.

Not.So.Virginal
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:54 PM

uhhh.... cars go a LOT faster than an amish buggy. But way to reach there.

Amish horse-drawn carriages go like 5mph.... cars are typically going 30+, sometimes 60+

Rmiddelton
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:56 PM

I think a few of them are offensive actually! Like the whole sleeping with a bunch of men, thats like introducing your daughter to a sick pervert for him to rape and then you say "I don't know what happened". Well thats putting your children at risk for harm. Peircings and tattoos I don't care about because you aren't putting your kids at risk for harm. I FF my twin 19 month old boys, and my 6 year old is in a high back booster seat (without the 5 point harness). I think the being a whore thing is really the only thing that bugs me, just because i have seen it happen to where one of the "boyfriends" raped the womans 7 year old little girl right after they got home from a club and the guy and the woman had "drunk" sex. He then waited until the woman went to sleep and then raped her daughter.Im not saying all woman who do that are bad, I just think that they literally are puting their kids at risk when they expose their children to different men all the time.

caljones
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:57 PM

with the carseat stuff, i tihnk you're opening up a huge can o worms

Rmiddelton
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:58 PM

Yeah that was a really bad example by the way, with the amish, lol!

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:06 PM

Good grief all i am trying to say can we be nice to each other even if we dont have the same beliefs? Or even if we dont agree on certain things. we are all moms (well at least i am pretty sure we are or we wouldnt be here) give some respect to everyone

caljones
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:08 PM

you should know by now that wehn a ton a of women get together, more oten than not, their at each others throats.

Orionsgirl
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:08 PM

lol

Quote:

uhhh.... cars go a LOT faster than an amish buggy. But way to reach there

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)