Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A question for co-sleepers

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:48 PM
  • 6 Replies

How long did you co-sleep with your children? My son is about to be 5 next month and he still sleeps with dh and I. I put him into his own bed when he falls asleep, but by morning hes back in my bed. It doesn't bother me. But some nights hes really CLOOOOOSE to me. I push him back to the middle of the bed and he scoots right back over lol. 

I'm thinking of transitioning him to his own bed, my other children did it naturally by age 3. Any tips?

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
hooahmomma723
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:49 PM

I don't know cause my son is 4 and sleeps with me. If you find a way to do it please let me know! My son won't even think about sleeping in his own bed!

TawnyR
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:51 PM

I'm in the same boat as you. LOL My 4yo does that. When she gets annoying, I just put her back in her bed and go back to sleep.

anetrnlov
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:52 PM

My 7 year old have been sleeping in his own bed since he was 1 1/2 - 2 years old.  Noah is 4 and Abigail is 2....they both still sneak in the bed with us a ew times a week.

mommy2cristian
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:53 PM

I have no idea.  My son is about to be 4 & for the most part falls asleep in bed with either DB or myself at which point he's put in his bed.  If he wakes up & gets back in bed with one of us he usually will stay, especially if he's sick & having trouble sleeping because he sleeps better.  He curls up next to us.  I guess you just keep putting him back in his bed & hope subconciously he gets it. :D  Oh & my 16 month old winds up in bed with me because he doesn't sleep through the night & when he wakes up I'm dead tired.

DreadyMom
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:59 PM

BUMP!

mommy2cristian
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:56 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)