Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

His butt is soooo red!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:49 PM
  • 7 Replies

I've gave up on potty training.....again. His butt is so red from going in his underwear during the night or even during the day when he's outside playing and I don't see it right away. He will be 3 next month, and I really want him potty trained. We've been doing this about a week now, and not once has he pottied on his own. I ALWAYS have to take him. Not once has he pooped in the potty at all. It's always in his underwear. I've tried everything. My older son was not this hard to train, he was trained well before he was 3 and has a severe speech delay. And I thought this time around would be easier, lol. Any advice? I just called hubby and told him to stop on his way home and bring diapers and cream.....

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:51 PM

I would not put diapers back on. I'd use the cream but leave undies and maybe only do diapers at night.

Feed him lots of liquids and put his potty in the room or outside if you have to. Maybe he can pee on the trees in the backyard, my son loves to do that.

Putting a diaper back on him during the day is only going to confuse him and delay his training more.

Stevensmomma
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:54 PM

I wouldn't stop just take it slow with him it's only been a week it takes longer than a week kids develop at diff rates... I would use pull ups then go to underwear when hes ready, I would first try to take him when he wakes up then do it before and after every meal or when u see him drinking a lot and when he normally poops during the day... Don't give up I know its hard I have been doing this with my two year old for months now and he's not ready at all either he wont go on his own at all and he wont tell me either..

mommy22boyz357
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:56 PM

You ladies are right. I think I'll keep the diapers handy for night time, and keep trying during the day. It's just getting really frustrating and I hate to see his butt look that way!

kcook55
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:59 PM

sorry but it takes longer than a week and he needs you to take him if i did it like that my 2 would have never been trained and dd has been day time trained for over 8 months and she wears pull-ups to bed and pooping comes later

AngelicaRenee
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:02 PM

I don't know if it would be helpful to you or not but I do have a journal on my page I wrote about what I did to potty train my son. He has been out of diapers for a year now. I started at 19 months. He does still have the occasional accident but he does really well.

4armycuties
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:04 PM

Have your older son take him in the bathroom. I know it sounds silly but that's how I got my 2 year old DD potty trained. Every morning was a fight with her. She didn't want a diaper but she didn't want panties, she peed on the floor and in her bed. I finally was tired of the fighting and asked my oldest dd, who is 4 to take her to the potty and show her how big girls do it. Once that happened, we had no more issues. Good luck!

Wendy_June
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:05 PM

My DS was really stubborn. My mom and I ended up letting him run around in only a long T-shirt for a couple days. He didn't like the pee running down his legs and was potty trained in about 3 days.

Edit: And I would keep the diapers around for night time. My DS still has accidents while he's sleeping sometimes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)