Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

high blood pressure during pregnancy advice please

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:04 PM
  • 23 Replies

i am always taking my blood pressure to be sure its ok ( i had pre-e with dd) well today i took it and it is 151/86. i have a dr.s appt at 11am tomorrow . i have kinda noticed it has been slowly been creeping up. normal for me is 104/60. i was hoping since im so far along i would not get pre-e. i really don't want to have to have magnesium after i deliver... uuuuugggggg i hate this

should i call L&D or just wait till tomorrow ?

It's a Boy !!!!!!     Gage Michael Hooper
Pregnancy ticker

having a baby

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rmiddelton
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:07 PM

I would call and let them know because I had high blood pressure with my twins and had to have an emergency C-section that night. High blood pressure also made my friend lose her baby when she ignored it and the umbilical cord collapsed and her baby died and she was almost full term. So I would get it checked out ASAP.

MrsNewman
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:08 PM

I know nothing about it sorry, bump.

Wendy_June
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:09 PM

You could call the on-call doctor just to be sure.  If you start seeing spots, having a persistent headache, feeling dizzy or having pain in your stomach/liver area, go in immediatly. Those are some of the symptoms of pre-eclampsia. Some women don't get any symptoms at all, other than elevated blood pressure and spilling protein in their urine.

Wendy_June
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:12 PM

I had a pain in my side and was feeling reallytired when I was pregnant with my 1st DS. Turns out the pain was my liver failing. I went in for my appointment and had an emergency c-section. They said that my blood pressure wasn't that high but I still had pretty severe pre-eclampsia.

amberdhall
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:13 PM

i had pre- eclampsia as well.. i would call the dr!!!

nemiller
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:14 PM

i'd call and see what they suggest.  i had high blood pressure when i was pregnant and they told me they might have to induce me (they didn't end up doing it).  i was never diagnosed with anything, but my blood pressure stuck with me long after my son was born.  i finally have it under control, but it was no fun.

Rmiddelton
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:15 PM

I had no symptoms of pre-E and was at a routine OB appointment when she caught it, so lucky me. 

MikeysMom51108
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:16 PM

I had hypertension with my first, so I've been keeping a close eye on it this time around. My doctor said I need to call if it gets to 150-160's. I would call if I were you.

High blood pressure doesn't necessarily mean pre-e (though, you do have a higher chance since you've had it before). Like I said, I had hypertension the first time, but it never developed into pre-e.

Good luck.

2girlsMom.MN
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:16 PM

I had pre e TWICE both pregnancies. I would definately call. My blood pressure hit 170/110 they were freaking thinking I was going to have a stroke, I delivered that night.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:17 PM

151/86 I would call L&D.  I had pre-elcampsia very early and I was told if it got over 145 to call.  It actually is more common to get it later than early at 12 weeks like I did.  Any spots, wiggly lines in vision?  When was the last time you had urine checked for protein??    If you have vision changes GO IN if just higher BP I would call and they can give you their max before you should head in.  Hope you feel better!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)