Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG the news I just heard I am tears and I think I am going to be sick.(long)...

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:26 PM
  • 21 Replies

Ok so my family has been friends with our old neighbours even though they moved away years ago. Well the daughter and her husband are in the final stages of adoption. Her mother just called my mom and what is going on to that poor little boy is horrible. First of all she has been calling her mother saying how bad this little boy is(he is 2 1/2) she just can't deal with him sometimes. when they had dinner with her parents her husband yelled at the little boy "EAT! EAT! EAT!" her parents had him for the weekend and he was a really good kid, the mother said. When they came to pick him up he ran and hid from them. The daughter yells at him "Your not going to do that to me you better come here and give your mother a kiss!" when he didn't give her a kiss her husband reached down and smacked his hand. they went to western sizzler together afterwards and the mother piled one of those plates they have high with food. The little boy ate half of it. the daughter turned to her mother what did you feed him he doesn't have an appetite. she didn't feed him any snacks before she showed up. a little while latter the little boy looks up at our old neighboor  and says" MiMi icecream?" the daughters husbands picks up the plate of food the little boy didn't finished slammed it down in front of him and said"No you didn't eat!"

My mom then told me about some things the daughters husband did in the past. 

• she had kittens and they got stuck under their house he told her she could not go down there and get them and he wouldn't they could get out on their own or just die there. 
  • they had a puppy apparently the puppy was a yappy puppy he took it in the back yard and broke its neck.
  • they were visiting her mother and her little dog had got up on the couch and yapped at him he shoved it off the couch. when she told him not to touch her dog like that he said that kind of behavior from an animal wouldn't have been tolerated in his house.

I am really worried for that little boy. Heck I am worried for my old neighbor's daughter too but that little boy can't escape where he is. 

I am just so so upset right now. My moms phone call got interrupted before my mom could urge her to do anything and she is waiting to call her back. I just needed to vent about this.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
othermom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:29 PM

Thats messed up.

harvgal04
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:29 PM

im not the type that says "call cps" but im thinking with this case, you should before something happens to the poor child

Ladygrey76
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:30 PM

That is horrible..Her mother should step up and report to the lawyers handling the adoption.Tell some one..

chiamom123
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:31 PM

Quoting harvgal04:

im not the type that says "call cps" but im thinking with this case, you should before something happens to the poor child

My mom is going to try and convince our old neighbor to since she actually witnessed everything.

jothra
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:31 PM

Where are they adopting from? If they are adopting from foster care, they have a foster care worker that should look into it.

chiamom123
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:32 PM

Quoting Ladygrey76:

That is horrible..Her mother should step up and report to the lawyers handling the adoption.Tell some one..

You had better believe that if her mother says she won't I will. I think it will be taken more seriously from someone who witnessed it not someone who heard about it.

De_Chick

I would call CPS immediately before the adoption goes through. This is terrible and there is no way I would be able to do nothing. Poor little guy!

mama2conor

The adoption agency should definitely be made aware of what is going on! Her mother should contact them and report everything she knows. That little boy deserves a better family to go home to than that. I shudder at what could happen to them if he is adopted by such a vile family.

No child should suffer at the hands of your selfishness. Put them first before your own needs. THINK before you act. Love them unconditionally and protect them and they will return the favor tenfold. RIP Dominick, Caylee and to all the innocent victims of abuse. You will never be forgotten and one day justice will be served. To my sweet boy Conor Wade, you are my sun, my moon, my stars. You are the light in a sometimes dark world. I am your protector and I will keep you safe through the ends of time. I love you with all of my heart.

Ravensong
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:33 PM

Yeah.... I'd being telling her to report it. If a man can do that to animals, it's not a far step to seriously harming a child. Poor little boy too:( I'm feeling sick right a long with you...

1wildchild
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:33 PM

i agree, your old neighbor (the "grandma" i suppose?) should contact CPS. that poor little boy should not be in that kind of environment. that just breaks my heart.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)