Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Baby Can Read?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:48 PM
  • 20 Replies

Have you used My Baby Can Read? Did it work or no? Did you have results like the tv commercials show? Or what.. How old was he/she whenever you started them on the my baby can read? When did you start getting results?

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KBM99
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:30 AM

BUMP!

nemiller
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:33 AM

i'm curious about it, but i've never used it.  there's still enough of me that wants my son to develop skills like that on his own, rather than trying to make him read now, so i haven't seriously looked into it.

MixedCooke
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 2:12 AM

IT WORKS!  I dont care to be bashed for providing for my daughter's future.  She started at 13 months and by 15 months, she was already reacting/reading--she would see/say clap and she would clap and by 2 years old, she  LOVES to read and can read over 100 words!  It not only instills a love of reading but a love of learning!  She already knows her entire alphabet can count to 20, can count to 10 in Spanish, knows her colors, shapes, etc. 

What do they learn by watching a Disney movie?  Wow she loves princesses and dressing up but can she spell dress or princess?? 

My daughter will not sit still to watch a Disney movie but she LOVES to watch the Your Baby Can read program!  Worth every penny and then some!

cece5000
by Cetia on Apr. 20, 2010 at 2:15 AM

bump

KBM99
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 3:19 PM

I'm not posting this for bashing or anything like that.. I was just wondering.. I didnt use it on my first but I might start using it for my daughter? How much did it cost? And did you buy it online or over the phone or at a store or what? I'm not for sure if I'm going to do it or not yet but I'm just curious about it.. Like I said before my son I did not use it on and he is 25 months old and is not talking but we think he has a speech delay or some other things that could be the cause.. And also what I'm wondering is if the child does have something wrong.. Like speech delay, downs, autism, or anything like that would it work for them? I know you might not know but I'm wondering from other people too..

Quoting MixedCooke:

IT WORKS!  I dont care to be bashed for providing for my daughter's future.  She started at 13 months and by 15 months, she was already reacting/reading--she would see/say clap and she would clap and by 2 years old, she  LOVES to read and can read over 100 words!  It not only instills a love of reading but a love of learning!  She already knows her entire alphabet can count to 20, can count to 10 in Spanish, knows her colors, shapes, etc. 

What do they learn by watching a Disney movie?  Wow she loves princesses and dressing up but can she spell dress or princess?? 

My daughter will not sit still to watch a Disney movie but she LOVES to watch the Your Baby Can read program!  Worth every penny and then some!

audriesmommy
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 3:20 PM

Does it teach reading comprehension?

Quoting MixedCooke:

abbysmommy429
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 3:22 PM

I've heard great things from other moms, but I'm curious as well.

scaredoflabor
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 3:23 PM

Never used it and at 600 dollars thats alot. My daughter is 21 months and I taught her to write her name already. She knows the alphabet except u and v and knows her numbers 1-10 she can point them all out by looking at paper not just say them. If you take the time to teach your children I dont think you need this program. Not bashing but just saying.

nlovew3boys
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 3:24 PM

Yeah i dont like that program

kiernansmom08
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 3:40 PM

YES it works!!! Most of the people who will tell you they don't like it or it doesn't work have only seen the infomercial and have never actually used the program.  My dd (now 21 months) started it at 12 months and can read over 300 words at least. She speaks extrememly well for her age, she  is  inqusitive, she knows her shapes, can count to 10 very clearly, can read simple books all by herself, and is learning her colors currently.  My husband and I time and time again have said it is the best money we ever could have spent on our daughter and invested in her future. Would be happy to answer any  questions you may have about it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)