Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Growing too fast :(

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:59 PM
  • 11 Replies

I took my 6 month old in for her shots today, and she weighs 21lbs 8 oz and is 29 inches. Dont get me wrong - Im very happy that I have a happy healthy baby, but I kinda bummed that she is growing so quick! She is already wearing 18 month clothes! It just seems like its going by TOO fast! lol Just thought I would share my sadness at this fact :) 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:02 PM

How was her weight when she was born?  To me that seems big but only bc i was lucky if dd was about 18 lbs by a year old.

periwinkle163
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:04 PM

My ds was always big too. At one point he was off the growth chart, He is 6 now and an average size. He seemed like he was a baby longer than my dd who was small in comparison. She did everything early, and he was at the late end.

meagansmama1009
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:04 PM

Quoting frndlyfn:

How was her weight when she was born?  To me that seems big but only bc i was lucky if dd was about 18 lbs by a year old.

She was 8lbs 3oz at birth. The doctors are not worried bout her size, since I am 6'2 and her daddy is 6'7...I am just sad that she is growing up SO fast! 

CafeMom Tickers
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Quoting meagansmama1009:

Quoting frndlyfn:

She was 8lbs 3oz at birth. The doctors are not worried bout her size, since I am 6'2 and her daddy is 6'7...I am just sad that she is growing up SO fast! 

Just wait until she starts walking and talking in full sentences.  You will definitely miss the baby stage .  (ha ha).  DD was 8 lb 6oz at her birth .

Aidansmom71206
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:10 PM

Aww! I agree with a pp wait till she walks and talks. I miss my baby being little. He is turning 4 July 12th. Seems like yesterday he was just one! So sad. :(

meagansmama1009
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:12 PM

It IS sad! Now I know why people have more than one child - its so they can enjoy the "baby" stage longer! lol 

MixedCooke
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 2:08 AM

Just think, she can be a model and you can retire early!  LOL

LanasMommy0504
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 3:43 AM

I completely agree! My DD is going to be 4 on May 4th! I can't believe how fast she's grown! My DS is my baby and he'll be 1 on May 14th! I can't believe how the time has flown by! I'm starting to want another but DH says no more! Lol

meagansmama1009
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 5:51 PM

My DH says no more too....Im seriously trying to talk him into one more! He didnt want any children originally, but is head over heels in love with DD, so I tell him obviously he didnt know what he was talking about then, so why should I think he knows what he is saying now?!?! LOL 

wtxmomslh
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 5:56 PM

they do grow fast!! seems like mine was 6 months just yesterday, but she will be 3 years on May 2nd!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)