Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Unforgettable things that have happened to you and your SO.

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:39 PM
  • 28 Replies

Anything funny? Memorable? etc.

Memorable? of course was our marriage and the birth of our daughter.

Funny?  Hmm so many things. The funniest was when we took our car in to get serviced, we brought it home, didn't really look in it or anything. We went the next day for groceries, opened the trunk, and there was a package of unopened extra large sized anal beads! WTF!! We didn't know what to do with them. I had to explain to my MIL what they were used for lol.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Daytripn
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:42 PM

The Goodyear Blimp...................

sati769leigh
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:43 PM

we have had so many sorrows and so much joy. i am still amazed this man agreed(was suckered) in to marrying me

dre_bunny
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:44 PM

Soooo many things.. I can't think of any right now :(

MommyRivera
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:46 PM

We were in the ATM lane at the bank and it was downhill. Our car was a piece of shit so it died right as we were done at the ATM and it started rolling down the hill. The emergency break wouldn't work and the steering wheel was stuck so we jumped out and tried to hold the car so it wouldn't roll down the hill...into parked cars. Everyone in the damn bank drive-thru just stared as we tried to hold the car. DH was holding it in the front and I had a door lol. Finally a lady pulled over and jumped in the driver's seat. She got the steering wheel to turn and helped us steer it into an empty part of the parking lot.

I was so embarrassed. We waited for 2 hours for my stepdad, who is a mechanic, to come help us. Thank God the kids were with my mom. It was a 100+ degree day outside.

Avabliss
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:46 PM

Memorable:
The birth of my DD....
Europe the first time and the third time.
Hitchhiking through BC when I was 16.
The death of my father (when I was 8).
Living in a hippie commune when I was 11-12 on a beach on the side of a mountain...
Helping a woman give birth to a baby when I was 18 in a tent while waiting for the ambulance...baby was born and they got there 20 mins later. 
Moving across the country when I was 18 with nothing.

On second thought....I have alot of those.  It would take all night.  LOL 

4armycuties
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:48 PM

Something funny is that DH is currently deployed and asked me the other day to look for something for him. Then he proceeded to tell me the last place he saw it was in our kitchen. Really? The last time you saw it was in our kitchen....5 months ago. Yea, ok, it's still there, lol.

M0M0F03
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:49 PM

Our first date my husband hit a truck, just bumped him. Our second date he hit a dirt bank trying to "make dust"...then about a month later his breaks went out and he ran into my parent's porch...lol...he had a rough first year of driving!

We used to go through town spot lighting and hit all the pole lights with the spot light to put them out....the town would be black when we left.

One more...I was hiding behind his bedroom door and jumped him, and pushed him on the bed...his head went through the wall. My FIL just patched the hole...almost 10 years later...lol

Mom2Jake08
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Skydiving

Climbing the Sydney Harbour Bridge

Getting married on a mountain

Skiing together

Our son's birth

Oh, and the hardest we've ever laughed is going through a drive-thru.  His accent always makes that fun.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

hooahmomma723
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:57 PM

Quoting 4armycuties:

Something funny is that DH is currently deployed and asked me the other day to look for something for him. Then he proceeded to tell me the last place he saw it was in our kitchen. Really? The last time you saw it was in our kitchen....5 months ago. Yea, ok, it's still there, lol.

Bwhahaha..I just cracked up and scared the shit outta the dog when I read that. I can totally relate. Lol

nemiller
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:58 PM

well, of course there's our engagement, wedding, son being born, etc.

umm... when we first got stationed at camp pendleton, we were going to the commissary after he was off work.  it was dark and i had a little ford probe, so i didn't see the deer that had darted in front of my car until he was ON my hood.  i flipped him up over my car and my husband got out to check the damage while i hyperventilated.  that was 4 years ago and i still catch crap... my dad calls me "deer hunter" and my inlaws got me a deer decal for my back window (as a "warning" to the other deer, har har).  my husband likes to tell me i got a better buck than most men who go hunting on purpose.  yeah... yuck it up, clowns, i'm the only person in our family with the balls to commit vehicular homicide.  psh.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)