Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poor Eric

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:45 PM
  • 7 Replies

Eric applied for a job within the company he works for about 2 months ago.  A month later the supervisor finally got around to interviewing Eric.  The meeting went well and Eric was hopeful.  They supervisor (Russ) commended Eric on all the thing he has accomplished, going back to school and getting two certifications in the line of work he does.  Russ did suggest that Eric think about shadowing some of the guys in Russ' department on his own time to get a feel for the job.  Then he told Eric it would be another 3 weeks before he finished interviewing (I think it is more because everything in that company moves at the pace of a turtle rather than a ridiculous amount of interest in the job).

Eric went straight to his boss and took vacation days for the 3 Mondays after the interview (the only time Eric doesn't have mandatory overtime) so he could do the shadowing.

I really hope Russ appreciates what Eric is putting himself through in order to prove how bad he wants this job.  Since Eric works 3rd shift and these guys work days him talking off Monday to shadow with them is really his Sunday night.  So, like today he got up around 4:30 a.m. to go to the first job site.  Then didn't get home until about 6:00 p.m. but had to be back up at 9:00 p.m. to do his regular 3rd shift.  Not to mention he is also in school full-time and this week is finals for him.  He is also driving our vehicle to and from all of the job sites (some as far as 2 hrs away) while he is shadowing where these guys have company vehicles and gas cards.

He is so burnt, he isn't sleeping....even when he is it isn't well.

I really hope this isn't all for nothing.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LittleMomma13
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:46 PM

oh man I will pray it goes thru! what a honorable man you have

countrygirlkat
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:48 PM

I hope it is all worth it!  Is he almost done with the three Mondays of shadowing?

anetrnlov
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:50 PM

Quoting countrygirlkat:

I hope it is all worth it!  Is he almost done with the three Mondays of shadowing?

Today was his last one and now it's a matter of waiting to hear what Russ decides.

mommy2bella
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Wishing you both the best of luck!!! It sound like you have a great man!

CafeMom Tickers
nemiller
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:53 PM

i hope he gets the job.  he's putting in the work and proving that he's got the drive to do what he needs to do.

kk_bella
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:54 PM

Hope it works out.

anetrnlov
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:56 PM

Thanks guys.

He really is a great man and I am very lucky.  I am worried about him though...missing all this sleep screws with his body so bad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)