Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cant stop

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:01 PM
  • 8 Replies

PULLING OUT MY FREAKING EYEBROWS!!!!!!!!!!frustrated

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kk_bella
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:02 PM

I do that, too. do you have trichotillomania?

kara_thrace
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:03 PM

I have no idea what that is tbh.  I just sit and constantly pick them out.  My skin is sore from the picking :(

kk_bella
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:04 PM

Quoting kara_thrace:

I have no idea what that is tbh.  I just sit and constantly pick them out.  My skin is sore from the picking :(

Dang girl, that is bad!

I do it when i am stressed out, I rub them and sometimes pull the hairs out. Trichotillomania is a disorder where people pull hair out of parts of their body, usually their head.

I don't get sores but I get bald patches in my eyebrows. You can tell when I am stressed out becaus I will have empty patches in my eye brows.

kara_thrace
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:06 PM

Yeah my eyebrows have lots of bald spots.  I guess I might have that trich-o whatever! :)  My best friend does it too.  She pulls hers out and she has almost no eyebrows left.

freckled-Sandy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:06 PM

I had something like that years ago, only it was the hair on my head.  I had bald patches on the back of my head that I would cover with longer hair on the top.  I stopped doing it after having this issue for years.  Looking back I think it was stress and bad nerves.  I got older and I handle my stress in other ways.  

ItsBethy_4180
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:56 PM

yea i did it with my eyelashes as a pre teen, and just recently started up again. It is awful.

adri_nevarez
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:59 PM

When I am nervous I find myself pulling hairs out of my head... It can be extreme and sometimes people probably think I am lice infested because I can't keep my hands out of my hair!  I didn't know there was a name for it... should I be concerned? 

jhambright
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 1:36 PM

Trichotillomania is an obssesive disorder you need to see a dr. and get medicated for this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)