Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UGH...need advice UPDATE

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:03 PM
  • 14 Replies

So DD's 3rd birthday is on Thursday. I have been planning her party for over 3 months now with my best friend. Her DD turned 2 a week ago. We had this huge party planned with over 50 people coming, rented a jumping castle, and everything. Well just now my friend calls and says she no longer wants to do a joint party. Ummm WTF. We just went yesterday and bought everything for the party this weekend. We have everything already planned, why the hell do you wait until 5 days before the party to say you dont want to do a joint party. Oh and she sent out a huge message on FB saying that Saturday's party was going to be just for her DD and to contact me for details on when I plan on doing my DD's. I am so angry, mad, upset and hurt. We spent over 300 dollars yesterday on food and decorations. I have already ordered the cake and balloons. What should I do now. Also let me add, I probably would just let this brush off and do a samll party on Thursday, but DD is SOOOO excited about this party. She talks about it everyday, and just tonigh told me she is so excited for Saturday because we bought the pools tonight for this party. What would you do. She has all the party stuff at her house, because thats where is was being held, so now DD is out a party and I am out half the food and supplies.

*UPDATE*: I just talked to my DD and said the Leslie is sick, so they wont be able to have there big party together. I know I probably shouldnt have lied to her, but that just seemed like the best way to explain it to her. I asked her what she wanted to do for her birthday and she said "play in the pool" and eat cake. LOL. She said she wants a princess cake with pink balloons, so thats exactly what she is getting. Gonna go tomoorow and get some princess stuff. Also I called my friend, but no surprise she didnt answer, so I texted her saying that I would like my half of the money back for the party. Still waiting for her to respond.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:05 PM

WTF????  What happened not that it really matters . Who the hell would do that to a child??  I am speechless.  Do you have somewhere BIG you can take her?? 

activitymode
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:06 PM

Did she tell you why?  Have you evenly split the cost for everything or did you pay for it all?  Is she going to pay you back for what you did pay for? Personally she sounds like a bitch and maybe you shouldn't be friends with her at all anymore.  Who does that to a little kid?

bubbasmom0917
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:08 PM

did you pay half of everything? if so, then i would go get half the stuff for your lil ones party. is the cake paid for? if you paid for that, then i would conceal it.

TawnyR
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:08 PM

WOW that is just messed up! I would be LIVID! I would also write up a bill for her for the stuff I paid for! DAMN that is just plain WRONG!!!

gmswife
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:09 PM

Oh my gosh!!! I would be like no that is not acceptable!! If she's forcing you to have your own party after you've already spent time and money on everything and she's just going to kick you to the curb I would demand she give the money back or continue with the joint party.

okiemamaCyndi
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:11 PM

It's only fair that she either give you half of the stuff or reimburse you for the $$$ you're out.  I like the idea of having a party somewhere really fun....is that a possibility?

Cyndibig smile mini

www.cupcakesandcasseroles.com

A Kiss and a Cupcakes Fixes Everything!!

ilovelauryn
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:12 PM

Ok long story short, her DH is a completly insensitve jackass. All they do is fight and argue and treat one another like shit. But its there marriage, not mine so who am I to judge. Well today they apparently got into a huge fight and he said he didnt want the girls to share a party because it wasnt fair to his DD. Ummm he was basically the one who came up with the idea, because my DH is deployed and he said he thought it would be easier. Plus he really liked the idea of splitting the cost. Yes we each paid half for everything. We already put a deposit down on the cake and bouncer. Ugh I am just so disgusted, It was there idea and now I am getting screwed over.

bubbasmom0917
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:14 PM

since you put a deposit on a cake....i would go change the cake:), but that is me....i get even

TawnyR
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:14 PM

Then the ass need to reimburse you for what you paid!

Quoting ilovelauryn:

Ok long story short, her DH is a completly insensitve jackass. All they do is fight and argue and treat one another like shit. But its there marriage, not mine so who am I to judge. Well today they apparently got into a huge fight and he said he didnt want the girls to share a party because it wasnt fair to his DD. Ummm he was basically the one who came up with the idea, because my DH is deployed and he said he thought it would be easier. Plus he really liked the idea of splitting the cost. Yes we each paid half for everything. We already put a deposit down on the cake and bouncer. Ugh I am just so disgusted, It was there idea and now I am getting screwed over.

ilovelauryn
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:18 PM

We dont really have anything "fun" here. We live in  a small town and all the cool stuff is in Tucson, which is 2 hours away. However I was thinking about just skipping her DD's party on Saturday and taking DD to Tucson to maybe the zoo and Chuck E Chesse's and then just do a small party on Sunday with a few of our friends. I hate to punish her DD, but I dont think its fair for my DD to see her get this huge fn party that the two of them were suppose to share

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)