Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Facebook is starting to be a real problem in my relationship!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:22 PM
  • 40 Replies

A few weeks ago my man left his facebook page open and something told me to be noisy and read his messages not thinking i was gonna find anything but just being curious and i found a message on there with him saying in his exact words, " I am loving the profile pic LOL!, is that you all up under there up DAMN"! She had on a short dress. She replied, "Yes hun! that is all me up under there. I was thinking about some enhancements". He said, you don't need any enhancements". Then she said, "Don't u know this is the most you ever said since i wrote u that letter but it's cool though". I should be happy that he did stop talking to her after she wrote him that letter. He claimed he never read it but he does know that she likes him cause she be telling people to let him know on his route cause he is a UPS worker that she likes him. I just feel so betrayed because he sounds like them jerks in the street that be trying to holla at me. When guys say things like that about me i know they are interested in me that is why i feel so hurt and insecure. I never thought he would say anything like that to anyone. I confronted him and he said he was only playing with her. I told him u can"t play with women like that. These women are crazy these days and they would take that as u like them. I know he only made a comment but i feel like as if he verbally cheated on me. Am i overreacting? Should i just let it go on move on? cause he won't even delete her off his page and says i don't even talk to her anymore. So i said that is even a more reason to delete her.

UPDATE: Thanks ladies for all the comments. We had a long conversation and he deleted her with no problem.

Tiffanni
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
i.heart.rachel
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:26 PM

No you shouldn't let it go and move on. You saw that he still talks to her, he refuses to delete her, I'd be deleting his ass right out the door.

Daytripn
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Player!!!  How do you know he isn't IM ing her? If a man refuses to delete, he's a cheat..

mom_of_2_in_ny
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:30 PM

I agree, don't let it go. How would he like it if the shoe was on the other foot and you were talking like that to another man?  That's disrespectful to you.   I'm also the type of person though, I would have deleted his acct and I would've let this chick know exactly who I was, not that she cares, but to maybe scare her off a bit.  But that's just me. 

Quoting i.heart.rachel:

No you shouldn't let it go and move on. You saw that he still talks to her, he refuses to delete her, I'd be deleting his ass right out the door.

SuzyQ007
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:30 PM

Quoting i.heart.rachel:

I agree. You're not overreacting either.

Be True To Yourself

nemiller
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:32 PM

clearly he still talks to her and he's not willing to delete her from a social networking site.  really?  if she means nothing, it shouldn't be a problem.  i wouldn't budge on this one.  first, it's little comments and he gets away with it so he feels justified in his behavior.  best case, he keeps acting this way but it doesn't be come anything more than words.  worst case, it becomes something more, even infidelity.  how would he feel if you were flirting with some guy in the same way?  i doubt he'd be happy about it.

AquarianPath
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:35 PM

I would be booting his butt to the curb!

i.heart.rachel
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:41 PM

BTW, Facebook isn't the problem. Your "man" is.

Chaotic_Rayne
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:47 PM

I'd be pretty upset by that... your not over reacting. Men are pigs.

babybull0601
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:48 PM

Quoting i.heart.rachel:

Ild tell him its either he respects your feelings about this situation and delete her or his ass is out the house till he learns some respect

LoveThemAll4
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:49 PM

I would have deleted her while I was on his page, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)