Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

College Moms, I have a question

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:53 PM
  • 16 Replies

Are you supposed to apply and get accepted to a college first and then fill out the fasfa, or does it not make a difference if you fill out the fasfa before hand?

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amayabrianna
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:54 PM

My school made me fill out the FAFSA first. It just makes it easier in the long run.

rebabeach2

Fill out the FAFSA now. You should have it done before you apply if possible.

anna_mccall

I filled out the fafsa first too.

PsychMommie
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:55 PM

The earlier you fill out the FASFA the better

acampbell31207
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:55 PM

Thanks for the quick responses ladies!!! I am filling it out now before applying and just putting the schools I am planning to apply for. I am nervous though, what if I dont get into any of the schools I apply for. :(

haysmum
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:57 PM

Yeah, the FAFSA is due like now!  You can always take classes, esp. core, if you are just starting.  You dont need to get into a program right away.  Good luck!

acampbell31207
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:58 PM

am I too late? I have been waiting on the approval from my job to start taking accounting classes.

Quoting haysmum:

Yeah, the FAFSA is due like now!  You can always take classes, esp. core, if you are just starting.  You dont need to get into a program right away.  Good luck!

carter210
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:59 PM

Fafsa was already due. It's due in March. Idk what they do after that. Idk maybe it was different because I went to college right after high school so they applications were due for colleges before fafsa. Usually college apps are due in November (the year before you are going) then fafsa is due in March after you get your taxes done. When I filled out fafsa the first year I just put all the colleges I applied to because I didn't know which one I was going to. In order to do Fafsa you have to have an idea of what college you want to go to because they need the school code. Anyways good luck and if you need help I can try to answer any questions!

ss1436
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:00 AM

you can fill out the fafsa first and just choose all of the schools that you are looking at when it asks for which school to send it.

MOMby19
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:05 AM

Quoting acampbell31207:

am I too late? I have been waiting on the approval from my job to start taking accounting classes.

Quoting haysmum:

lol. i just applied for the summer session at a college to start accounting classes!! fill out your FAFSA NOW! the earlier you get it done, the better. it only takes like 3 days for it to get processed. good luck, mama!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)