Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poor baby.....

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:59 PM
  • 26 Replies

My SO was cleaning out the turtle tank today and he was getting ready to go dump that last bit of water out but he noticed something black in our drive way moving around so he went out to investigate..... THIS is what he found!!!!

Its a three day old KITTEN!! It still had Its umbilical cord and its eyes where still closed!!! We think from the injuries on his tummy that another animal had tried to drag it off and when SO opened our back door we scared it and it dropped the poor thing!!!! We called the Humane Society and they came and got it But we filled out papers that when it is old enough to be adopted we are going to try and get it!!!

Don't Blame any Breed for their

Bad behavior!!! Blame the Owners!!!

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamaleah17
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:02 AM

How cute!

indianamom1985
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:09 AM

It was really cute!!! We are thinking about names!!! Coz the lady at the Humane Society was really confident that we would get it!!

Quoting mamaleah17:

How cute!

serjil
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:14 AM

Awww, you did the right thing. I have a population of wild cats on the property I live on, and we end up fostering many, many kittens every year. It is very difficult to raise them from such a young age, and alot of times they are abandoned by the mother because she knew they were going to die. I try to save them all though, but it is very heartbreaking to lose them. A tom cat was more than likely taking him away, and he probably killed the rest of the litter, but you might want to look around and try to find or hear other babies.

A.NandD.NMommy
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:15 AM

Aww! Im not a cat person, but AWW! You did the right thing...good for you and your family :)

rebabeach2
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:16 AM

omgomgomg! I would have freaked out and thought it was a RAT!!!!!!

Seriously, I'm glad you rescued the poor little thing! Is it a boy or a girl kitty?

indianamom1985
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:18 AM

We went from house to house looking... and Nobody had any kittens who had any new kittys and we walked around and listened and nothing so we think it might have been a few blocks away or what u said.... but it had a half inch cut on its chest.... Not to deep but deep enough to know the momma didn't do it!!! I really hope it makes it!!!!

Quoting serjil:

Awww, you did the right thing. I have a population of wild cats on the property I live on, and we end up fostering many, many kittens every year. It is very difficult to raise them from such a young age, and alot of times they are abandoned by the mother because she knew they were going to die. I try to save them all though, but it is very heartbreaking to lose them. A tom cat was more than likely taking him away, and he probably killed the rest of the litter, but you might want to look around and try to find or hear other babies.

indianamom1985
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:19 AM

We don't know yet... its too young... My SO though it was a mole at first.... but nope a cute little kitten!!

Quoting rebabeach2:

omgomgomg! I would have freaked out and thought it was a RAT!!!!!!

Seriously, I'm glad you rescued the poor little thing! Is it a boy or a girl kitty?

dusky_rose
by Sue on Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:21 AM

Awwwww! So cute... you should name it Lucky!

Click image above to join Motivate to Get in Shape!

mom_2_3crzyboys
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:22 AM

aawwwww i hope you get the little kitty back when its big enough!!! tooooo cute!

KBM99
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:22 AM

awww... Its so cute.. I hope yall get to keep it. And thank god he found it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)