Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

When you tell your man you are sick do they care?

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2010 at 12:44 AM
  • 95 Replies

What is his reaction when you tell your man you are sick? What does he do to show he cares?

by on Apr. 22, 2010 at 12:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hautemama83
by Nichole on Apr. 22, 2010 at 12:45 AM

He'll usually ask if I need anything, and then tell me to go lay down like he's my mom lol.

mrs.sgt
by on Apr. 22, 2010 at 12:46 AM

he does everything so I can rest.  it's a two way street, he doesn't take care of me when I'm sick, I'm sure as hell not taking care of him when he is.

bellaS88
by on Apr. 22, 2010 at 12:47 AM

He knows if I'm sick regardless of if I tell him.  He worries about me, stays home, and babies me.  I got lucky. 

AnimalLover80

If I say I don't feel well/think I have a fever, he'll kiss my forehead to see if it's hot then tell me to lie down and rest. Then brings me whatever I ask for lol. (he typically does that anyway) Last year he walked 2 miles to the store (our car insurance lapsed and we were a week away from being able to get it started up again) to get me nyquil because I couldn't sleep.

Lizzy317

Yes. He takes care of me. He does my "chores" when he's home and makes me lay in bed and drink lots of fluids. I hardly ever get sick tho. Last time I got bronchitus... he was ready to put an IV in me lol  He doesn't like to see me sick. I got the bed to myself for almost a week. Then when I finally dropped my fever down he came in and washed everything for me. My hubby's usually pretty sweet to me when I'm sick.

randmmom05

He takes care of me like a baby I love it!

He will cook dinner, bring me what I need, tell me I NEED to lie down. Things like that.

smittnlittlkitn
by on Apr. 22, 2010 at 12:48 AM

when he isnt busy working, if i am sick and need rest, he will take care of the kids so i can get rest. he will make sure to have the baby in the other room so she at least isnt around me and my germs at night/as we sleep.

MOMby19
by on Apr. 22, 2010 at 12:52 AM

depends on how sick i feel. lol. it's important that he goes to work, so the only time i tell him that i don't feel good is when i REALLY don't feel good (and CAN'T get out of bed to take care of the kids). luckily, it's only happened twice, but he made me sleep, took ds out to play (or took care of him, since he was really sick one of the times), and brought me soup when i told him i was hungry and would bring me water when i was thirsty.

-Kney-
by Courtney on Apr. 22, 2010 at 12:52 AM

he will ask if I need 7up or crackers && if I say yes he'll go get both he will also buy more then 1 7up. Then he'll tell me to lay down if he's not working he'll watch Eric && lock me in our room (we have a lock so Eric wont go in there during the day). Or if he's working && I'm REALLY sick he'll take Eric to his moms so I can rest.

Bekah062205
by on Apr. 22, 2010 at 12:53 AM
when i tell dh im sick he says "well go to bed"......ugh....there is no, "can i get you some medicine", no "how about some hot tea", no "dont worry babe i will make sure the kid stays out of the room so you can rest"......i hate being sick
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN