Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Why do some people blame their parents for everything:?

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2010 at 6:08 PM
  • 41 Replies

"It's because of my childhood...my parents fault" blah blah blah. When do some people grow up and take responsiblity for them themselves? I hear this used an excuse so much and it's really annoying. Okay, the end, lol.

by on Apr. 27, 2010 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TygerLily62
by on Apr. 27, 2010 at 6:09 PM

Amen sista

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2010 at 6:09 PM

don't you know? nothing is anyone's fault anymore. you must not have gotten the memo....not my fault!

MikeysMom51108
by on Apr. 27, 2010 at 6:09 PM

It's often easier to blame someone else rather than hold yourself accountable for your own actions.

Don't worry, it irritates me too.

erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2010 at 6:09 PM

Thank you

mommy22boyz357
by on Apr. 27, 2010 at 6:10 PM

Quoting teri4lance:

don't you know? nothing is anyone's fault anymore. you must not have gotten the memo....not my fault!

Nope, that was moms fault, I'm calling her right now to complain....

breefullyme

Your up bringing can explain A LOT. Now I don't think it should be excuse #1, but it's definitely a cause and effect sort of deal.

sati769leigh

its called DENIAL. which is a very strong strong thing to overcome. depends on the trauma of thier past, what it entails etc. people CAN overcome and stop blaming others, take control etc. of thier own life and choices. but it is not easy. and each person is different on when they are READY to move forward in to being an adult and  stop blaming others and the past

Zanny
by on Apr. 27, 2010 at 6:11 PM

That drives me CRAZY too... and I agree with you.. Grow up, and take responsibility

zianneaaliyah
by HBIC of ME on Apr. 27, 2010 at 6:11 PM

I blame my parents for the reason why I'm a sacastic bitch!  Why did they do this to me?!?!?!?

kk_bella
by on Apr. 27, 2010 at 6:11 PM

Yeah....well.....our parents do have a hand in a lot of issues that children have. And when you grow up and become an adult, you have to deal with and resolve those issues. Doing that does not happen over night, it can take years. I'm not going to put a cut off on the amount of time people are allowed to take doing so.

I'm 27. I say I have 'mommy issues'. I'm dealing with them. Some day, I hope to be free of them but it takes time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN