Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Are these signs that my baby will be born early?

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2010 at 7:37 PM
  • 24 Replies

i am 32 weeks pregnant. This past week i have been feeling a lot more pressure, and finding it harder to walk, i have also been getting those painless braxton hicks a lot more frequently. now i dont mean omg i think i'm going to have my baby next week, im just wondering how early do they start prepairing to come out, and could this mean it will be early meaning like a week or two?

by on Apr. 29, 2010 at 7:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilblu399
by Tamika on Apr. 29, 2010 at 7:37 PM

BUMP!

sarahcastillo
by on Apr. 29, 2010 at 7:43 PM

Is this your first baby? at 32 weeks the baby starts to prepare to the entry to this world it is very possible that the baby has engaged in the pelvis making it feel heavier. Braxton hicks are normal. If your water breaks or you loose your mucus plug or the contactions become uncofortable then I would think you are going to have the baby other then that its your body getting ready. And if this is your first preg then this could last a long time till the baby is ready to come out. Welcome to the joys of motherhood! oh and be careful when you sneeze or cough or laugh to hard cause you could pee on yourself! LOL

reecenkaden
by on Apr. 29, 2010 at 7:45 PM

Sorry to tell you, the next 8 weeks of your pregnancy are going to feel like that. Just means the kids almost done baking and ready to be served.

fulloflife175
by on Apr. 29, 2010 at 7:46 PM

haha thank y ou i am glad you gave me a warning about the sneezing. yeah it's my first baby so i wasn't sure of any of that, thank you :)

Quoting sarahcastillo:

Is this your first baby? at 32 weeks the baby starts to prepare to the entry to this world it is very possible that the baby has engaged in the pelvis making it feel heavier. Braxton hicks are normal. If your water breaks or you loose your mucus plug or the contactions become uncofortable then I would think you are going to have the baby other then that its your body getting ready. And if this is your first preg then this could last a long time till the baby is ready to come out. Welcome to the joys of motherhood! oh and be careful when you sneeze or cough or laugh to hard cause you could pee on yourself! LOL

HotCouture
by on Apr. 29, 2010 at 7:47 PM

There is no way to tell when you are going into labor. Some people have symptoms like you are having for months before they go into labor. You never know!

fulloflife175
by on Apr. 29, 2010 at 8:06 PM

Thank you :)

anfisasmommy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2010 at 8:09 PM

Sorry im 35 weeks and ever since 28 or 30 weeks i have had painful braxton hicks and lots of pressure, it stinks but youll most likely go to your due date.... I wish mine would hurry just to put me out of the pain! Good luck!!!! Lots of walking!

Kathryn6789
by on Apr. 29, 2010 at 8:10 PM

i think i read somewhere that if you start getting 4 or more braxton hicks in an hour then its a sign on pre term labour.

the pressure could just be the baby getting ready but i dont think its really an indicator of when they'll come.

KandiceN
by on Apr. 29, 2010 at 8:11 PM

Sounds about right with what I had, and my first I had to be induced cause I was 9 days over due.. lol

Brays-mama
by on Apr. 29, 2010 at 8:13 PM

LOL I had that same feeling. However my son was breach and had no intention of coming out. He was delivered by c-section almost a week past the due date.

Good luck to you and congrats on the baby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)