• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

RINGWORM

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:05 AM
  • 15 Replies

For almost 2mnths my son has had ringworm and i taken him to the doctor 4 times and they keep giving him creams and oral med and nothing working so im asking other moms to help me out and tell me what they have done to help with ringworm

by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lullababy
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:06 AM

tea tree oil diluted will kill ring worm.  Are they sure it's ring worm?  

eta- dilute it w/ olive oil or some other oil.  It can burn or irritate the skin if not diluted.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
kandy800
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:06 AM

When my son had one they gave me Lamisil to put on it and it went away

julls04
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:08 AM

if its ringworm it can get in his sheets and the carpet. i suggest wash all clothes after wear and sheets everyday and vacuum your floors daily with a vacuum that has a hepafilter on it or it will never go away. this is advice from a vet after have 9 puppies and everybody in the house infested with ring worm. we had it for almost a year because we kept passing it around to eachother and it was in the carpets and sheets. 

ms-vero
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:08 AM

My dh had ringworm and I would spray that stuff for athleletes foot and it worked.

MrsSimmons4
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:12 AM

i spray everything with disfection spray everyday and he the only one that got it no one else has it in are family not even at daycare or school so im not realy sure what going on with him

julls04
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:13 AM

o and the lamisil cream worked for it also, but when it kept coming back is when we finally called a vet. they gave us this horrible soap for the puppies it smelled like rotten eggs. if you have animals might want to check them as well

Lullababy
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:14 AM

How does ringworm get in the carpet?  What does a hepa filter do for fungus?  I am very confused now......

julls04
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:14 AM

will not work its a fungus my dear.

Quoting MrsSimmons4:

i spray everything with disfection spray everyday and he the only one that got it no one else has it in are family not even at daycare or school so im not realy sure what going on with him

Lullababy
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:15 AM

It is very contagious but I am curious why so much treatment and no result.  Does your ds have a compromised immune system?  

jess_diva
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:16 AM

I had ringworm a few years ago and the only thing that worked was tea tree oil.

Quoting Lullababy:

tea tree oil diluted will kill ring worm.  Are they sure it's ring worm?  

eta- dilute it w/ olive oil or some other oil.  It can burn or irritate the skin if not diluted.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)