Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So It's All Our Fault????????? Muslim Dude-Cleric-Guy GET OVER YOURSELF!!!

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:05 AM
  • 15 Replies

http://www.stylelist.com/2010/04/29/iranian-police-chief-bans-suntanned-women-and-girls-who-look-like-mannequins/?icid=main|main|dl8|link6|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.stylelist.com%2F2010%2F04%2F29%2Firanian-police-chief-bans-suntanned-women-and-girls-who-look-like-mannequins%2F

Iranian Police Chief Bans Suntanned Women and Girls Who 'Look Like Mannequins'

The modest ladies of Tehran must be stocking up on SPF 100 after the city's police chief warned that they will be subject to arrest for being tan and "looking like mannequins."

This news comes from the very same city that last week produced the dire warnings of a cleric who blamed immodest clothing -- such as pants -- as the cause of earthquakes.

(In other words, ladies of the world, it's your fault, not the fault line's fault.)

As summer temperatures soar in steamy Tehran, we now hear this warning from Police Chief Brig Hossien Sajedinia, as reported by the U.K.'s Telegraph. He proclaims: "In some areas of North Tehran we see many suntanned women and young girls who look like walking mannequins. We are not going to tolerate this situation, and we will first warn women found in this manner and then arrest and imprison them."

Can you imagine what might transpire if this tolerant guy ever visited the fist-pumping, spray-tanned Jersey Shore? We're thinking declaration of a police state, followed by a J-WOWW-sized tidal wave.

Yet as much as we'd like to lampoon the dire consequences predicted by the chauvinist clerics and public officials of Tehran, full, um, scientific disclosure is required.

We can't help but be amused/horrified by what happened when scientist-blogger Jennifer McCreight began a viral protest -- brilliantly dubbed "Boobquake" -- against the Tehran cleric's preposterous warning. She encouraged her friends and Facebook followers to dress as scantily as possible on April 26 to bust a point.

Only problem: There was a magnitude 6.5 earthquake reported in Taiwan that day, a phenomenon that subjected McCreight to a lot of mockery.

McCreight, however, issued statistics lessons for ABC and The Guardian -- complete with elaborate charts that will give the science-phobic a headache -- that prove there was nothing statistically significant about all that ground shaking in Asia.

She takes issue with some of the media that mocked her, writing, "So my apologies to The Daily Mail, 'The View,' and everyone else who dozed off while learning probabilities in school -- the Taiwan earthquake was good for headlines but not statistically significant."

So, let's hear it for Ladies Bake in the Sun Day. Bikinis required. Someone please pass the baby oil while we get a nice glow on for the coming apocalypse.

***by Beth Cooney Fitzpatrick (Subscribe to Beth Cooney Fitzpatrick's posts), Posted Apr 29th 2010 at 3:00PM

*******ETA....changed title. Sorry Isra & Rissa & all who found it offensive!

by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RmeWifey01
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:21 AM

BUMP!

MOMby19
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:24 AM

i love the irony on april 26th. lol.

seriously, though... earthquakes? there's no way i would be able to EVER live in a muslim country... i would die of a heat stroke.

Chetney
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:27 AM

BUMP!

Bos_Boo
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:28 AM

Her and her followers dressed like sluts to prove what point? I do believe God is angry with the lack of morals in the world these days and I do believe we are going to pay for it.

Tracie1984
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:34 AM

Okay... Yikes!

You believe and pray with a different God than I....

Quoting Bos_Boo:

Her and her followers dressed like sluts to prove what point? I do believe God is angry with the lack of morals in the world these days and I do believe we are going to pay for it.

belowzero
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:36 AM

So it's immoral to wear pants and have a sun tan?  Who do you think gave us the sun to enjoy?  Vitamin D deficiency leads to all kinds of problems, we don't get enough sun as it is.  Your God obviously isn't the same as mine.

Quoting Bos_Boo:

*Admin of Marriage and Relationships*

*Air Force National Guard Wife*

*Mother to a beautiful 10 year old daughter*

*911 Dispatcher for the Alaska State Troopers*

WLNL0507
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:46 AM

Kinda funny that some of the protesters were here in Boston.....and now there is "Catastrophic" Water main break here on the East Coast of Massachusetts.   You never really know..........

isra1986
by on May. 3, 2010 at 11:47 PM

Why is it "Muslim MEN"? When only 1 Muslim MAN said this?

abjones00
by on May. 3, 2010 at 11:49 PM

I have no comment. the first sentence annoyed me. lol.

erika_g
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2010 at 11:51 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)